Props for a Yammie 1/60

Myersjessee

So...my oldest VF1...the Hikaru VF1A (not the oldest, but my oldest) was sitting on display amongst all my 1/60's in gerwalk on a shelf thats approximatly 6' off the ground. Below it, my floor was a mess, which I was cleaning. I moved the large metal plates from my weight bench under the shelf (to clean) and banged the bottom of the shelf. Seconds later (as I turned away) the Hikaru toppled from the shelf forward and struck my 25lb weight square. Pieces went everywhere...legs, hands, gunpod, missiles, cockpit....

and it wasn't damaged. Not a scratch. A Christmas miracle...and props to the early Yamato 1/60's....solid toys IMO.

a festivus miracle indeed! :p

added:

i was moving my super 1J a while back holding it by the legs. being that the toy is top heavy it toppled over and i tried to grab it before it hit the ground. i literally bobbled it higher than my head and dropped from 6' up or so then came crashing down. not a single broken piece, not even the tiniest of scratches....the 1/60s RAWK! B))

Edited by haterist

a festivus miracle indeed! :p

added:

i was moving my super 1J a while back holding it by the legs. being that the toy is top heavy it toppled over and i tried to grab it before it hit the ground. i literally bobbled it higher than my head and dropped from 6' up or so then came crashing down. not a single broken piece, not even the tiniest of scratches....the 1/60s RAWK! B))

I wish I'd been that lucky. I'd had my 1J on my dresser one day, bumped the dresser, and it went off the back, landing on a solid concrete floor. The left shoulder joint and the backpack hinge broke. I have no clue about how to get them fixed (at least I can get recast BP8's from Rohby for my 1/48; I just placed an order for the second one [for the same Valk! :( ]).

a festivus miracle indeed!  :p

added:

i was moving my super 1J a while back holding it by the legs. being that the toy is top heavy it toppled over and i tried to grab it before it hit the ground.  i literally bobbled it higher than my head and dropped from 6' up or so then came crashing down.  not a single broken piece, not even the tiniest of scratches....the 1/60s RAWK!  B))

I wish I'd been that lucky. I'd had my 1J on my dresser one day, bumped the dresser, and it went off the back, landing on a solid concrete floor. The left shoulder joint and the backpack hinge broke. I have no clue about how to get them fixed (at least I can get recast BP8's from Rohby for my 1/48; I just placed an order for the second one [for the same Valk! :( ]).

yamato and their damn backpack hinges. :angry: its the one part they should've made tougher but chose not to. :rolleyes:

i had the same thing happen to me with rohbys flexi-version recast but i was getting buck with my valk....and not naked you sick fools. :lol:

a festivus miracle indeed!  :p

added:

i was moving my super 1J a while back holding it by the legs. being that the toy is top heavy it toppled over and i tried to grab it before it hit the ground.  i literally bobbled it higher than my head and dropped from 6' up or so then came crashing down.  not a single broken piece, not even the tiniest of scratches....the 1/60s RAWK!  B))

yamato and their damn backpack hinges. :angry: its the one part they should've made tougher but chose not to. :rolleyes:

i had the same thing happen to me with rohbys flexi-version recast but i was getting buck with my valk....and not naked you sick fools. :lol:

yeah diecast.