Invid Shoctrooper

Did Gakkan make invid toys? I was only aware of the matchbox versions. And I also thought that HG had the exclusive rights to all Mospeada and Southern Cross toys....worldwide. I could be wrong....but, I swear I read that somewhere (hey, that rhymes...I should rap). :rolleyes:

sorry i was just speaking of toynami's possible attempt at making the cyclone ride armor. :p

if toynami made invid toys, i still woouldn't buy them, they'd probably be all fubared straight out the box. :rolleyes:

Gakken never made the Invid in any of its incarnations.

There were some Invid prototypes made. I *think* I even know where some of them are today. However Gakken went under before any of them saw any sort of production. And yes... I've tried to get them and No I didn't get very far. Gakken had many Mospeada toys in the pipeline when she folded. Most are now in the hands of private collectors in Japan that won't even let them be photographed. :(

Carl

There were some Invid prototypes made. I *think* I even know where some of them are today. However Gakken went under before any of them saw any sort of production. And yes... I've tried to get them and No I didn't get very far. Gakken had many Mospeada toys in the pipeline when she folded. Most are now in the hands of private collectors in Japan that won't even let them be photographed. :(

Carl

my brother and i got the cyclone, invid scout, and shocktrooper back when i was about 10 and none of them had Matchbox logos on them. all the toys were picked up in korea while my dad was on a business trip and i don't remember seeing many matchbox toys in korea when i live there or went to visit. :huh:

were they invid toys made by gakken? :unsure: i dunno but i'm 99.99% sure they weren't matchbox.

Carl

oh god, i would kill to see...die too see. ugghhghhhhh :huh:

Toynami have the worldwide, including Japan, rights to produce Mospeada toys, rights gained via Tatsunoko Productions in Japan and Harmony Gold everywhere else, so any Inbit toys would have to come from them. Yamato chose not to seek the license, so don't look to them as white knight for Mospeada fans.

The Matchbox/Playmates/Harmony Gold Invid Shock Trooper toy is one of the most imported pieces of RT product by Japanese Mospeada fans, simply because there is nothing else that comes close, and it's a passable representation at best. While fans in west might not be happy at Toynami making another run with the molds, a Mospeada branded versions released via Epoch in Japan might clean up.

That said it literally TOWERS over the MPC Alpha, and is seriously out of scale against the larger Gakkens too...

Cyc

Edited by Cyclone

oh god, i would kill to see...die too see. ugghhghhhhh :huh:

So whould I... I've seen some rather detailed descriptions of some of the toys but I think I lost access to those emails when I lost access to cnh@ti.com. I've long wished some of the Japanese collectors would get together and put out a book on the unproduced Gakken toys. If I could get my hands on them it'd be the first thing I'd want to do.

Carl

Yeah. What kind of ass owns an ultra rare item, but refuses to let a photo be taken of it? That seems extremely.. ah.. STUPID.

And do we have to bash Toynami that badly? Their action figures are extremely well regarded. Hell, Toyfare gave them best cartoon toys for their Hanna Barbera line this month.

Maybe their mecha toys suck, but it doesn't mean EVERYTHING from the company is meritless..

Yeah. What kind of ass owns an ultra rare item, but refuses to let a photo be taken of it?  That seems extremely.. ah.. STUPID.

And do we have to bash Toynami that badly?  Their action figures are extremely well regarded.  Hell, Toyfare gave them best cartoon toys for their Hanna Barbera line this month.

Maybe their mecha toys suck, but it doesn't mean EVERYTHING from the company is meritless..

ahhhh, true confessions from an toynami/MPC fan. ;):lol:

if what you say is true, then they should stick with figures and leave the TF'ing mecha toys to the professionals. B))

as far as the no pics, i don't even get it? if i had something that rare and unseen, i'd have like 1000 photos showing it off. to each his own....i guess. :rolleyes:

Yeah. What kind of ass owns an ultra rare item, but refuses to let a photo be taken of it?  That seems extremely.. ah.. STUPID.

And do we have to bash Toynami that badly?  Their action figures are extremely well regarded.  Hell, Toyfare gave them best cartoon toys for their Hanna Barbera line this month.

ahhhh, true confessions from an toynami/MPC fan. ;):lol:

if what you say is true, then they should stick with figures and leave the TF'ing mecha toys to the professionals. B))

as far as the no pics, i don't even get it? if i had something that rare and unseen, i'd have like 1000 photos showing it off. to each his own....i guess. :rolleyes:

i guess they might be afraid of someone trying too clone their toy by careful study of the photo(s)...God knows <_<

IIRC, Toynami stated that if they ever decided to make invid, destroid and Zentraedi toys, they'd simply use the old Matchbox casts. Whoopie!!!

Heh, I still remember how when they first planned(and then canceled) their "new" Destoid toys they showed off repaints of the Matchbox toys. And go figure, they were going to market them as part of the MPC line. :rolleyes:

Makes me wonder what the pricetag for them was going to be.

what is more likely:

all the prototypes ended up with seperate collectors who all happen to be stingy to the point of allowing no photos.

or that most of these prototypes don't exist/never existed, or are lost/destroyed now.