Diecast Aircraft Collectors

I've been tempted by the Su-24, it's a cool/unique plane.  (never actually seen one though).  Ironically the latest Ukrainian release looks the best so far.  I may end up with a mostly Ukrainian collection of "Russian" planes.  

(My only Flanker sighting was in Ukrainian camo, though no longer owned by Ukraine at that point).  Would love a model of it:

image.jpeg

4 hours ago, Vifam7 said:

S14's website is here: http://s14.shop-pro.jp/

The Sukhois are long out of print. 

The AC-130 was available at top-gun.jp until just a few days ago. I managed to get one myself. There's one on Ebay right now.  The price is very high but close to what you'd have to pay if you were using a proxy buyer in Japan.

If you're thinking about getting S14's Tomcats models, be aware that they are slightly off-scale.

thanks for the link Vifam! your google-fu is clearly superior to mine :lol:

i had those Su-33s in my Amiami cart all those years ago. they were supposed to be my first s14 purchases, so i initially wondered why they were pricey (for the scale, and i didn't know back then they were diecast) and left them in the cart for a few days. big mistake :crazy:

i've since tracked down most of the back catalog online and on various trips, but this pair has remained elusive even on YAJ. i guess i'm just hoping some old stock is still languishing somewhere in hobby shops in the west. i'm not really an aircraft diecast collector so i have little knowledge of what shops, besides the usual suspects, carry them.

PO'd my AC-130 from HS. was waiting for them on a shipment method change, but when i saw it sold out, i just went ahead and paid, lol. too late about the Tomcats though. the 3 variants were part of that AC-130 order.

btw, on the s14 website i noticed the carrier deck display is 50% off and they tend to be hard to find. i chanced upon them in a Radio Kaikan shop, so i already have a couple.

81032610_o3.jpg?cmsp_timestamp=201511171

4 hours ago, treatment said:

The Aviation Fighters and the stand are in 1/144 scale.

May work with Tomytecs, but may not with HMRs since the HMRs are 1/100ish (1/90ish, per Jenius iirc).

Then again, a 1/100 HMR VF-1 maybe the same size as a regular 1/144 F-14.  

Don't know for sure since I don't have any 1/144 aircraft... :unknw:

yeah, they're not to scale with HMR so some eyeball fudging is in order. but weight-wise, these stands should handle HMRs without issue. below is a big 144 made of metal

slideshow_img_e9edd6.jpg?cmsp_timestamp=

1 hour ago, Major Focker said:

yeah, they're not to scale with HMR so some eyeball fudging is in order. but weight-wise, these stands should handle HMRs without issue. below is a big 144 made of metal

slideshow_img_e9edd6.jpg?cmsp_timestamp=

Cool. Who makes that ac130?  They’re just bad ass. 

• 2 years later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...

pav-2 and ser # 801...isnt that spider?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Northrop_YF-23

https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Northrop_YF-23_DFRC.jpg#/media/File:Northrop_YF-23_DFRC.jpg

gray ghost is pav-1 ser # 800 aka YF-23A....or am i wrong?

update: https://theaviationgeekclub.com/join-test-pilot-jim-sandberg-for-yf-23-pav-2-gray-ghost-walk-around/

ok, pav-2 gray ghost. 

pav-1 spider would make more sense due to the initial red markings resembling the black widow spider markings under the fuselage of the pav-1 test flight.

Edited by seti88

16 hours ago, MKT said:

Thanks @Valkyrie Hunter D for pointing me to this thread. Just cross-posting this news:

Hobby Master is making the 1/72 YF-23. News on grapevine is that there will be repaints down the road, including a fantasy JASDF version.

https://x.com/specialdiecast1/status/1808441574063259861

img_5906-high.webp.566b027686bb18421cee8d628a4941f9.webp

img_5760-high-4q3o6q.webp.5c9a49d835fd83a65441f444a2704dfb.webp

img_5761-high.webp.ef3d3692498bfaa11c94292c79966925.webp

img_5762-high.webp.c370f753f6a83da559d66b8ed807059f.webp

As I said in your original post... hard to pass on this one. 

Will look epic between various valks regardless the differences in scale...

17 hours ago, Raikkonen said:

As I said in your original post... hard to pass on this one. 

Will look epic between various valks regardless the differences in scale...

Yeahh just thankful it is being made in 1/72 even if it doesn’t really fit most valk scale.

Can finally retire that cheap Testor’smodel kit I’ve been using to display haha. 

2 hours ago, MKT said:

Yeahh just thankful it is being made in 1/72 even if it doesn’t really fit most valk scale.

It fits quite a bit of my Valk scale. Most of mine are Hasegawa and Bandai and some Wave and now Max Factory. The rest of what I have are 1/100 and a few not really 1/100

There's some confusion with the release of this YF-23.

Initial announcement was the Grey Ghost (The darker grey one) but they listed it as the Pav-2, which is the Pav-1.

Now, it's the Black Widow (Lighter grey) which is correctly the Pav-2.

Announcement:

HA2850-1-01.jpg

The pre-order:

image.png.52fbf335da8fa5858e3f239d585e6718.png

Was so hoping the darker grey would be the first release... Now there's the risk of double dipping... 

• 2 weeks later...