A.C.E - Another Century's Episode

ogami

Homepage: http://www.ace-game.jp/

ace01.jpg

from MagicBox

http://www.the-magicbox.com/gaming.htm

- From Software and Banpresto announced they are co-developing a new mech combat action game for PS2 called ACE: Another Century's Episode, which feature over 40 playable mechs from more than 10 anime series, include Gundam Z, Aura Battler Dunbine, Heavy Metal L-Gaim, Blue Comet SPT Layzner and many more. The game style will be similar to the Armored Core series. The game is scheduled for a January 2005 release.

from GameWatch Japan

http://www.watch.impress.co.jp/game/docs/20040901/ace.htm

株式会社バンプレストと株式会社フロム・ソフトウェアは、両社が共同で開発を行なうプレイステーション 2用ロボットアクション「Another Century's Episode(A.C.E.)」のプロジェクト発表会を実施した。

「A.C.E.」は、「スーパーロボット大戦」シリーズを持つバンプレストと、「アーマード・コア」シリーズを開発するフロム・ソフトウェアの2社による共同開発作品。「聖戦士ダンバイン」、「蒼き流星SPTレイズナー」、「機動戦士Zガンダム」など9作品のロボットアニメから、100種類を超えるロボットが登場し、空中戦を多用したハイスピードなアクションが繰り広げられる。2005年1月にバンプレストから発売予定で、価格は未定。開発状況は35%としている。

発表会では、まずバンプレスト取締役の灘俊宏氏と、フロム・ソフトウェア取締役の中島英一氏が登壇。「A.C.E」の企画の発端は、食事の席で灘氏が出した提案によるものだという。「ロボットアクションはスピードを速くすると、その重量感が失われて、軽く、小さく見えてしまうことが多い。この難しい表現を実現できるのはフロム・ソフトウェアさんだけだと思い、声をかけた」のだそうだ。

その話から今回の発表までに、既に約2年もの時間を費やしているという。中島氏は、「ようやく発表まで来た、という印象。『スーパーロボット大戦』と『アーマード・コア』には、どちらも“熱い”ユーザーが多いだけに、両方のユーザーに満足してもらえるような作品に仕上げたい」と意気込みを語った。

lol, it's even powered by From... who wants to bet it's gonna use the same engine as Armored Core?

I am betting on it... AC engine is pretty good.

A.C.E will be a big game.

As for North America release... I am not so sure

It is from Banpresto and how many Banpresto's PS2 released in NA... NON. :(

Hmm... well, although they don't say it, Gundam W is involved in there too.. that's Wing Gundam in the front. Considering that series only got really popular in the US (I heard it did poorly in Japan, correct me if I'm wrong) it might give them reason to release it in the US.

I can't tell for sure though, what's the big black thing in the background? It looks kinda like one of the mechs from G-Gundam, although it's too covered up to tell.

It looks like the black sienna from Nadesico: Prince of Darkness.

I'm wondering what that machine is that's right beneath the Zeta Gundam.

'Other series'; could this possibly include Macross and/or Orguss? (On second thought maybe not Macross; it'd have to be 'Rabble-tech-ified' when it reached the states because of the mess HG would throw.)

It looks like the black sienna from Nadesico: Prince of Darkness.

I'm wondering what that machine is that's right beneath the Zeta Gundam.

'Other series'; could this possibly include Macross and/or Orguss? (On second thought maybe not Macross; it'd have to be 'Rabble-tech-ified' when it reached the states because of the mess HG would throw.)

That is Brain Powered ...

http://www.sunrise-inc.co.jp/datacard/card0143.htm

:o OMG! 'Twas a good idea for Banpresto and FS to work together. Banpresto could never have pulled off such quality graphics by themselves. :p Well, it certainly looks Fed vs Zeon/AEUG vs Titans-ish. Although I would've preferred it to be like Real Robots Final Attack, but hey, this is good too. w00t!

Hmm... well, although they don't say it, Gundam W is involved in there too.. that's Wing Gundam in the front.  Considering that series only got really popular in the US (I heard it did poorly in Japan, correct me if I'm wrong) it might give them reason to release it in the US. 

I can't tell for sure though, what's the big black thing in the background?  It looks kinda like one of the mechs from G-Gundam, although it's too covered up to tell.

I believe you are wrong here. Wing beside SEED and Turn A are the only AU to get sequels of some kind after their series aired or during it. SEED - another series plus side stories and games, Wing - OVA/Movie, side stories(prequel and along side the series) and games, and Turn A - movie versions. I think they got other items as well as toys and models as well. Though Wing did better then Turn in terms of toys and models, not sure if SEED is doing better then Wing in that field yet. So I think its safe to assume that it was pretty popular when it was released, which could be the very reason it was the first Gundam shown on TV and really pushed for a long time. No other series really has gotten that kind of push since in the US. Well maybe SEED now.

Sweet, Nadesico mecha :). That's the one that Akito pilots right? If so any word if it will be able to discard the outer armor the way it does in the movie?

Edited by Effect

From Software and Banpresto working together on a Mecha action game? Interesting (meaning that's good), especially if From is gonna use the Armored Core game engine! Anime Mecha goodness + Armored Core engine=Willing to import baby! B))

I'm in, although I heard that it plays a little like the Gundam Vs. series.  If it doesn't get a US release, I'll import.

Definately not a bad thing.

The graphics are disapointing though, they look very bland and colorless.

I don't know, yeah, the sky on the atmosphere levels looks kind of gray, and space is... well, space... but the mecha themselves are looking suprisingly detailed and very smooth, with little to no aliasing... pretty impressive for the PS2. When's this game coming out? I think I just might import the thing... well, if I have any extra money with horde of games to be released domestically...

I'm in, although I heard that it plays a little like the Gundam Vs. series.  If it doesn't get a US release, I'll import.

Definately not a bad thing.

The graphics are disapointing though, they look very bland and colorless.

I don't know, yeah, the sky on the atmosphere levels looks kind of gray, and space is... well, space... but the mecha themselves are looking suprisingly detailed and very smooth, with little to no aliasing... pretty impressive for the PS2. When's this game coming out? I think I just might import the thing... well, if I have any extra money with horde of games to be released domestically...

The release date is sometime in Jan, 2005.

Armored Core doesn't look very colorful either so... those A.C.E screenshots do look actually OK.

Zeta looks very good in the screenshots. :D