Project Pegasus - The best Gundam game ever?!?

ogami

bannam01.gif

From GameWatch Japan http://www.watch.impress.co.jp/game/docs/20040902/bannam.htm

bannam02.jpg

株式会社バンダイと株式会社ナムコは、プレイステーション 2用ゲーム「機動戦士ガンダム (仮称)」を共同で制作するべく、“プロジェクトペガサス”を発足させたと発表した。第1弾作品は2005年中に発売される予定。制作販売はバンダイで、開発はナムコ。ジャンルは一年戦争体感アクションとなっている。

ゲームの細かいシステムなどは公表されていないが、ナムコの得意とする3Dグラフィックス技術を活かし、地形描画やモーションなどとの相乗効果で、一年戦争をリアルに再現することがコンセプトとなっているようだ。大量の新作アニメが挿入され、テレビシリーズと映画3部作で描かれた一年戦争を体感することができる。ミッション制を採用し、宇宙戦以外にも地上戦なども用意されるようだ。

2年前に、ナムコからバンダイに向けて企画が提出されたところから制作がスタート。リリースでバンダイ側は「企画内容が全て実現できたら素晴らしいソフトになるだろう」と感じたと語っている。さらに現在の制作状況から「本当にすべてが実現して素晴らしいソフトになりそうだ」とコメント。

共同開発プロジェクト名として掲げられた“ペガサス”とは、ガンダムの作中に登場する“ホワイトベース”がペガサス級戦艦であるところから取られており、リリースでは「ガンダムの一年戦争に登場する『ペガサス級戦艦ホワイトベース』で様々な年齢や立場の人々が乗り合わせ協力したように両社のノウハウを集結しよう」と命名の由来を紹介している。

なお、第1弾ソフトの販売目標本数は100万本としていることから、販売本数によっては第2弾、第3弾の制作も行なわれるかもしれない。

©創通エージェンシー・サンライズ

※開発中のものにつき変更になる場合があります

From IGN.com

http://ps2.ign.com/articles/543/543678p1.html

Namco and Bandai Team Up

New Gundam game in the works.

September 01, 2004 - Bandai and Namco are teaming up for the next Gundam game, the two companies have revealed in Japan. The two companies are working together to produce the tentatively titled Mobile Suit Gundam: Project Pegasus for the PS2. Namco will publish the title, which is said to feature excellent motion for the mobile suits and gameplay a fast as Soul Calibur.

Further details on the game along with an expected release date will have to wait until the two parties reveal more.

-- John Tanaka

From Famitsu

http://www.famitsu.com/game/news/2004/09/0...,30329,0,0.html

バンダイとナムコが『機動戦士ガンダム(仮題)』を共同製作

●共同企画"プロジェクト ペガサス"を発足

ナムコとバンダイが、『機動戦士ガンダム』の25周年を記念して、"プロジェクト ぺガサス"という共同企画を発足。プレイステーション2用ソフト『機動戦士ガンダム(仮題)』を製作することが明らかになった。ゲームの開発はナムコ、制作、販売はバンダイが担当する。価格や発売日は未定だ。

なお、このプロジェクトの詳細は、週間ファミ通9月17日号(9月3日発売)に掲載されている。興味がある人はぜひ、記事を読んでほしい。

h-103_30329_gun0009.jpg.jpg

Cool so somewhere in 2005 this game should see a release in Japan, which means 2006 or so is when it'll see the states if at all....we're pretty slow on t hat, I know there are ALOT of Gundam games we'll never see here in the states, not likely ever....Gundam SEED? More than likely not even if its actually having some popularity here in the states to marret a game since every time I got to the hobby store I see a crap load of kits being sold off, and I saw Best Buy not having much left for the DVD's either.

But I wonder what ever happened to the Gundam game that's coming out for the Gamecube?

I dunno, I got the impression that the games released here in the states acutally didnt take too long inthe translation. And the only recent gundam games to my knowledge we havent gotten are the MMORPG, which we still may get, and the Giren Greed games, which I really wish we got. Im willing to bet this one is destined for a US release. If not, ive got my Japanese PS2, im set.

As fast as Soul Calibur? They do realize these are huge giant robots, not peopel right? The Mobile Suits dont move that fast.

I'm playing the hell out of Z Gundam: AEUG vs. Titans right now (both the arcade version and the PS2) and I'd be impressedif they outdid this game in terms of how damn fun it is.

I also played the heck out of Giren's Greed for the PS, so I'm hesistant on if this will really be the "best."

I dunno, I got the impression that the games released here in the states acutally didnt take too long inthe translation. And the only recent gundam games to my knowledge we havent gotten are the MMORPG, which we still may get, and the Giren Greed games, which I really wish we got. Im willing to bet this one is destined for a US release. If not, ive got my Japanese PS2, im set.

Tons of recent Gundam games we never got in the US:

- G-Saviour for PS2

- Lost War Chronicles for PS2

- Giren's Greed: Zeon Revolutionary War for PS2

- SD G Generation Neo for PS2

- AEUG vs Titans for PS2

- SD G Generation Seed for PS2

- Gundam Seed for PS2

- Path of Soldiers for the NGC

It's good that Bandai went with Namco as a partner. They did amazing things with the Soul Calibur engine, even if it's just a skin swap the game will still be amazingly fun to play. And I want my mobile suits as fast as they appear in anime, not at the clunky speed like in G-Saviour.