"Screening Purposes Only" Anime DVD's

gerwalk25

Yesterday I made a trip down to Berkeley's Raspitin Records. I snagged a copy of Mario Party 5, Godzila vs. Megalon and Ghost In The Shell:SAC, volume 1 DVD's for about $6 each and all still new in the plastic wrap. I noticed my copy of GITS didn't have a barcode instead it was replaced with the phrase "Screening Puropses Only". Are these given to people as promotional prizes or given to network execs at CN to determine if it will air or not?

Screeners server a couple of purposes. Routinely, wholesalers or retailers will get a screener which supposedly allows them to decide how well a given title might sell or rent. Personally, I never believed that anybody would be capable of viewing more than a small percentage of the videos that get released, but I guess they have their place as promo tools.

But if you've actually bought one, then somebody should get in trouble. Those things are freebies only, not for sale to the public. $6 for a new DVD isn't bad, but its still a scam since they're free to the retailer.

Gerwalk, watch the DVD and see if anywhere during the program if a subtitle appears that says "For promotional use only. Not for resale or private use? Or something along that line. They are not for the public.

Gerwalk, watch the DVD and see if anywhere during the program if a subtitle appears that says "For promotional use only. Not for resale or private use? Or something along that line. They are not for the public.

I'll check it out tonight.

Thanks. :D

Yesterday I made a trip down to Berkeley's Raspitin Records. I snagged a copy of Mario Party 5, Godzila vs. Megalon and Ghost In The Shell:SAC, volume 1 DVD's for about $6 each.

You didn't pass by TOP DOG too. Hehehehe.

I was actually pretty impressed by the Anime DVD collection over there. GREAT finds. B)):D

Yesterday I made a trip down to Berkeley's Raspitin Records. I snagged a copy of Mario Party 5, Godzila vs. Megalon and Ghost In The Shell:SAC, volume 1 DVD's for about $6 each.

You didn't pass by TOP DOG too. Hehehehe.

I was actually pretty impressed by the Anime DVD collection over there. GREAT finds. B)):D

Thx. BTW, I always go to Blondies B)) .