HG and Robotech Debates

azrael

I did that already Keith.

With stuff like Protoculture powered chariots and the like, I'd really want to see HG try to make good on these ideas and be taken seriously. I'd settle for pictures if available.

If you are talking about his "visit" here, he is a moron. He made about ten posts, and then went running off when the mods explained to him that he didn't run this forum. The problem is that he believes his own bullshiit and as a result in his own convoluted mind he can never lose. I think he's more to be pitied than hated.

He even loudly hates certain aspects of his franchise and the people running it. For all the stuff he talks about, he'll never be satisfied by the thing he's defending, so there is no point in any of it.

Anyone know of good sources where to find info on these Sentinels aliens? I'm really curious how they contribute to the grand Robotech storyline, especially the space Amazons, seriously. I hope they weren't intentionally created as fetish fuel for someone.

Unfortunately, the vast majority of the Robotech fansites which dealt with the Robotech II: the Sentinels story were free Geocities websites which are now inaccessible since the hosting service has been discontinued. It's been a long time since I last read the old Sentinels comics, but in the current official continuity their role is minimal. Most of them were just stereotypical alien races who'd been oppressed by the Robotech Masters and later the Invid, had their occupied homeworlds liberated by the Robotech Expeditionary Forces, and later join the REF to form a goofy parallel to the United Federation of Planets in Star Trek, governed by the "Sentinels Council". The whole thing is really kind of unsettling, because as I've said before, the Sentinels Council aliens end up more as servants to the REF than equal partners in its operation or respected dignitaries.

Apart from the Kabarrans lending their shipyards and manufacturing facilities to the REF, and the post-retcon Haydonites lending their advanced technology to the REF with ulterior motives, their involvement in the story was minimal at best.

Edited by Seto Kaiba

I was over on a certain podcast, and somebody did get extremely butthurt, so much so, that all the facts of what transpired have all been changed. Supposedly, we are all scared and went running away, and supposedly, I'm a Robotech fan who fell really hard. Strange, since it's been no secret that I was a Macross fan before I was ever a Robotech fan. Also, supposedly Seto, you get all your info from me, I guess by mental telepathy, who the hell knows. Anyways, as I said before, it's good comedy listening to his so-called analysis of events that occurred. I'm sure he used every brain cell (all 5 of them) to come up with what he did. I didn't know I was trying to gather my own Robotech fandom, and that I've been banned several times. :wacko: Hahaha, supposedly, I'm really scared, as if I'm trying to push some agenda. I must've really pissed him off something real, cause he basically made up about 90% of the story. Hahaha. you know, if I actually cared, I'd go on, but to waste my time on whiny-@ss crybabies is something I don't have the time to do.

What I did notice, is that instead of actually reading the post on the podcast, he used some software to read the posts. And now, we have a clue as to the fact that he is indeed, illiterate. And now, the poor sap is schooled and back on his own rant. Great stuff.

Who the hell is this Wizard "JAZZNICK" guy???? HAHAHA. I love how this one discussion thread "HG and Robotech Debates, Keep it all here. Or else." equals Macrossworld as a whole.

Edited by Save

Unfortunately, the vast majority of the Robotech fansites which dealt with the Robotech II: the Sentinels story were free Geocities websites which are now inaccessible since the hosting service has been discontinued. It's been a long time since I last read the old Sentinels comics, but in the current official continuity their role is minimal. Most of them were just stereotypical alien races who'd been oppressed by the Robotech Masters and later the Invid, had their occupied homeworlds liberated by the Robotech Expeditionary Forces, and later join the REF to form a goofy parallel to the United Federation of Planets in Star Trek, governed by the "Sentinels Council". The whole thing is really kind of unsettling, because as I've said before, the Sentinels Council aliens end up more as servants to the REF than equal partners in its operation or respected dignitaries.

Apart from the Kabarrans lending their shipyards and manufacturing facilities to the REF, and the post-retcon Haydonites lending their advanced technology to the REF with ulterior motives, their involvement in the story was minimal at best.

The Sentinels as a whole was one weird story. All the character dynamics were all messed up trying to fit them into the mishmash of Robotech (Minmay and Dana Sterling both having been Jonathan Wolff's lovers at one one point springs to mind). And the End of the Circle was plain mystical!

Actually, according to the novels, and maybe the comic books (I havent gotten past Book II, issue 5) Breetai hooks up with a female Zentraedi by the name of Kazianna Hesh. Angelo Dante hooks up with Gnea in the book The End of the Circle.

Yeah, it's been a long time since I read those books. The only Sentinels stuff I still have around is that old Palladium RPG sourcebook, and it's been just as long since it's been used.

I hate that guy so much, I remember back in the 80's when he'd try to ruin my Domino's Pizza!

Erm, what?

The Sentinels as a whole was one weird story. All the character dynamics were all messed up trying to fit them into the mishmash of Robotech (Minmay and Dana Sterling both having been Jonathan Wolff's lovers at one one point springs to mind). And the End of the Circle was plain mystical!

It ends with the Haydon Awareness merging with a Protoculture Matrix, heading into a black hole to become a god of a new universe and grabbing Rem and Minmei to be the Adam and Eve or something?

By comparison, Basara's singing turning Gepernitti into a Buddha sounds downright plausible.

Edited by hulagu

"Robotech II: The Sentinels" was a train wreak to begin with. When Matchbox decided to get the hell out of the deal, they had a whole bunch of scripts that were in at least the first draft stage (the original storyline of the Sentinels is detaled very well in Robotech Art 3). At least the McKinney authors tried to salvage what they could of the story (which wasn't much to begin with); it was a decent salvage job, though, but nothing to write home about.

As for The End of the Circle the authors couldn't get enough decent material for a full novel and borrowed very heavily from Peter Pan.

Who the hell is this Wizard "JAZZNICK" guy???? HAHAHA. I love how this one discussion thread "HG and Robotech Debates, Keep it all here. Or else." equals Macrossworld as a whole.

What made me laugh is that he was using a voice software, due to the fact that he couldn't read. Then when the voice software pronounced my name, that's how it came out, so that's how he pronounces it. You know, if his show actually just talked more about the Robotech, less of the politics, and wasn't so mentally withdrawn, I'd actuall listen to his show once or twice. But listening to him talk, you might as well kill brain cells. You have to, to go down to his level. I have to admit, I laughed my ass off when he proclaimed to have about 950 listeners on his show. We already know he's lied about that, and the one time I went to his show while he was Broadcasting, I don't think there was more than 6-8 people on there. That's a long stretch from 900+. While I don't care about the numbers, it simply shows that what is reality, and what he perceives are just about as different as east from west.

While I've always been a Macross fan, I do like some aspects of Robotech, and anyone who talks about that stuff can be interesting if done right. The misconception that I, or we hate all Robotech fans is what they keep pushing, to make it seem like we're just wrong about everything. Fact is, aside from a few rowdy so-called fans and the HG staff practices, I have no problems with fans who like their shows. Even if they like Shadow Chronicles, I'm not gonna try to steer someone away from what they like/don't like. It's a shame that it's always the few RT fans who spoil it for the many.

It ends with the Haydon Awareness merging with a Protoculture Matrix, heading into a black hole to become a god of a new universe and grabbing Rem and Minmei to be the Adam and Eve or something?

By comparison, Basara's singing turning Gepernitti into a Buddha sounds downright plausible.

So that's how it really ended? If so, then one could interpret Shadow Chronicles as skipping a lot of material towards the same end. They just had to either kill off or put a lot of characters on a bus to do it. Then, once the whole things were cleared up in Shadow Rising, the real revival of Robotech was supposed to start.

It works if you look at Robotech as a comic book, where anything can be retconned on a whim. Unfortunately, it was a cartoon first, and before that an edited cartoon, but now run by a guy who used to be in the comic book industry. And he's the only real talent behind it these days.

Edited by Einherjar

No kidding, though the Waltrip bros. Sentinels comics ended up being a lot less weird, but no less campy, than the Sentinels novelizations written under the Jack McKinney pseudonym. It isn't just weird having both Lynn Minmei and Dana Sterling being Jonathan Wolfe's ex-lovers, Minmei slept around a fair bit, being bedded by Rick Hunter, Jonathan Wolfe, T.R. Edwards, and her own cousin Lynn Kyle, who IS a close blood relative in Robotech. Mercifully, the old comics never went the pseudo-mystical route the novels did, turning "protoculture" into not just a fuel, but a borderline magical substance that controlled the destiny of the entire universe... almost like putting The Force in your gas tank... (is anyone else remembering the "Liquid Schwartz" from Spaceballs now?)

So that's how it really ended? If so, then one could interpret Shadow Chronicles as skipping a lot of material towards the same end. They just had to either kill off or put a lot of characters on a bus to do it. Then, once the whole things were cleared up in Shadow Rising, the real revival of Robotech was supposed to start.

Not quite... if memory serves the Haydonite awareness merged with the protoculture matrix and did the black hole thing, and everything is revealed to have been a stable time loop and the very worst kind of predestination paradox, wherein Minmei is the mother of the original Zor and the SDF-3 is catapulted back in time, becoming the ultimate source of all of the universe's suffering, oppression, and genocidal wars by creating the Robotech Masters.

What made me laugh is that he was using a voice software, due to the fact that he couldn't read. Then when the voice software pronounced my name, that's how it came out, so that's how he pronounces it. You know, if his show actually just talked more about the Robotech, less of the politics, and wasn't so mentally withdrawn, I'd actuall listen to his show once or twice. But listening to him talk, you might as well kill brain cells. You have to, to go down to his level. I have to admit, I laughed my ass off when he proclaimed to have about 950 listeners on his show. We already know he's lied about that, and the one time I went to his show while he was Broadcasting, I don't think there was more than 6-8 people on there. That's a long stretch from 900+. While I don't care about the numbers, it simply shows that what is reality, and what he perceives are just about as different as east from west.

Yeah, Seto and I had discovered this a while ago. The first instance I heard the MS-Sam voice-over was when he used it to 'recite' some comments I'd posted on my site's blog. To be honest, I was fairly complimentary about the guy, but as we can all see, my initial attempt to be civil with the guy turned sour. To his credit, Seto didn't say 'I told you so!' too loudly.

The 900+ listeners has to be a faulty number. AS has been theorized before, his screen-capped statistic could be reflecting search-bots or search-engine hits, but there's absolutely no way in hell that he has that many listeners (excuse me, lessoners). If he did, then JTwould have gotten all sorts of hate-email directed at him, and at last report, there was none.

Now, that means one of two things, both bad for Ol' Dougie-poo. First, it means that his download/listener number is vastly and artificially inflated, or it means that if he DOES have that many listeners, they really don't give him any kind of validity whatsoever. One could even deduce that those listeners are simply 'lessoning' for pure comedic value, much like your common, everyday, garden-variety anime fan (I seem to recall a site populated with fans like that... I think the address is something like 'MarcosGlobe.com, but I could be wrong).

Needless to say, even though he's made himself a laughing stock throught the anime fandom world, and a small but substantial portion of the internet as a whole, he'll still stick to the idea that he's the best of the best out there, as far as RT-fandom goes. And what a sad situation it is.

Doug only uses RT for the inflation of his own ego. He doesn't really care about the show. Allhe does is use it for the expansion of all things DougBendo.

Oh, well. At least we're rid of him here, I hope.

Except for characters and concepts that no longer exist in the current story, it still sounds the same Seto. Scott and Ariel could be adequate replacements to Zor and Minmei in a new End of the Circle ending. Why? Who knows, I blame what's come before and after as HG making it up as they go.

...Protoculture chariots...

Doug only uses RT for the inflation of his own ego. He doesn't really care about the show. Allhe does is use it for the expansion of all things DougBendo.

He used Memo very well this year for attention. In a fandom that doesn't rely on fact checking, I don't think Memo knows yet how much Doug hated him for years before and after they got together. He really showed no mercy when Memo wore the Fish Head hat at one Comic Con.

But this is a clear example of irony (if the prediction of who's who recently is true).

http://www.robotech.com/community/forum/re...genumber=15#top

They're both using each other for their own agendas.

Edited by Einherjar

He used Memo very well this year for attention. In a fandom that doesn't rely on fact checking, I don't think Memo knows yet how much Doug hated him for years before and after they got together. He really showed no mercy when Memo wore the Fish Head hat at one Comic Con.

And that speaks a hell of a lot for MEMO, and just how desperate he is for acceptance and validity.

It looks sad to me, but... I don't have an ounce f pity for the guy. He's burned so many people in his blind-follower zealotry that he deserves any ridicule he gets.

http://www.robotech.com/community/forum/re...genumber=15#top

They're both using each other for their own agendas.

At least with Michael Bay with Transformers he honestly said he'll lie so to keep fans on their toes.

With HG they lie, accept the lie as truth or else...

Not to mention a difference in work ethic. Michael Bay didn't stop production just because of the WGA strike. HG will repeat their statement of there will be something till they gradually lose Robotech fans and interest.

Transformers movies has already made hundreds of millions of Dollars. Robotech LAM and Shadow Rising still zero progress.

That's BEYOND ridiculous.

Lucky for us, it has nothing to do with the truth, and thus has nothing to do with Macross World. :)

Its pretty funny stuff. Especially the stuff about the NDA that they are hiding behind. Reeks of "Don't ask/Don't Tell" as a way of sharing (or in this case not sharing) information. We do cop a brief serve though. (help, I am scared of violence from hardcore RT fans, they terrify me)

Typical BS from rt.com

On a slightly different topic, where did they get these godawful designs for The Sentinels for, or did they make this stuff up themselves....

Excalibur [MBR-04-VII]

excaliber.gif

M.A.C. III Monster [HWR-00-Mk III]

mac-iii.gif

Tactical Battle Pod [TBP-Z1]

z-1.gif

Those have to be fan made, and that monster is the worst of the bunch. The battle pod just makes zero sense, why would Zentradi mecha have Inbit asthetics? Or is that supposed to be th E.D.209

Edited by Keith

That's BEYOND ridiculous.

Lucky for us, it has nothing to do with the truth, and thus has nothing to do with Macross World. :)

Wait a minute, I realize I don't pay too much attention to what goes on here (as proven by my repeat Snoo Snoo joke), but since when is Memo a mod over at rt.com? Isn't that a crime against all that is holy & grammerical in the universe? That's like making a lion a supermarket butcher, or making a monkey a zookeeper.

And that Tomohawk (Excalibur???) is just a Spartan with a few extra legos attached.

Well, everything is pretty much just extra cannon barrels, and for some reason, cannons pointing backwards make them more badass.

On a slightly different topic, where did they get these godawful designs for The Sentinels for, or did they make this stuff up themselves....

Except the Excalibur, those show up in Robotech Art 3 originally. The Long versions from the RPG are an improvement over the "art" in that book. There are underwhelming Defender and Spartan "descendents" too. <_<

Actually, I kinda liked the one-gun Excalibur design, except for those stupid little missile-launcher "antlers" over its head. But then, I love the Tomahawk and all variations on it. :D

The god-awful Sentinels mecha designs were made for the aborted Robotech II: the Sentinels TV series and were created by Naito Anmo. Only a handful of the mechanical designs created for the series were used before work on the show was aborted. The only new designs to actually appear in the footage are the Zentradi battlepod (which appear just long enough to kill the protagonist in a simulation, about 4 minutes into the "movie"), the original "red turd" look of the SDF-3, and the redesigned "Robotech Factory Satellite" which looks nothing like the factor satellite in Macross. Also noteworthy are the imitation Macross character designs by Ippei Kuri, which look only vaguely like the original versions, and the pilot's flightsuit, which is a weak, ugly imitation of the flightsuits worn in DYRL.

Those have to be fan made, and that monster is the worst of the bunch. The battle pod just makes zero sense, why would Zentradi mecha have Inbit asthetics? Or is that supposed to be th E.D.209

Nope, those are OFFICIAL designs created for Robotech II: the Sentinels, though I believe the specific art pieces are material drawn by Palladium's in-house artists and colored by the same hamhanded hack who did the rest of the art on the site those images are on.

Edited by Seto Kaiba

I still can't figure out how this thing goes from guardian to battloid (or whatever the Robotech people call the configuration).

RobotechArt3-168.jpg

Well, for starters those are two different mecha, one from Southern Cross and the other from Mospeada. The fighter in question is from Southern Cross (the Logan) and only has the two modes you see there, a transformation diagram is actually printed in This is Animation 10 (and is the ONLY mecha to get such a treatment in that book). The other is a nominally non-transformable mecha from Mospeada, whose name I have forgotten.

And then... there's THIS

RobotechArt3-176.jpg

Can't blame Robotech for that one either, actually... that too is from Super Dimension Cavalry Southern Cross. If memory serves, that's the searchlight thing used by the Zor when they first land on Glorie.

Oh boy, did the factory satelight screw up on this one :lol:

I still can't figure out how this thing goes from guardian to battloid (or whatever the Robotech people call the configuration).

RobotechArt3-168.jpg

And then... there's THIS

RobotechArt3-176.jpg

Wow, that "searchlight" redefines the term "cannon fodder," it might as well just explote before launching.

The Tactical Battle Pod looks decent, if I'm looking at it right. The Excalibur looks like it can give people the finger at any time thanks to the arm cannon. Oh, and it has no head.

Those are thrusters coming out of the back of the Battle Pod's arms, not guns right?

Edited by Einherjar

The Tactical Battle Pod looks decent, if I'm looking at it right. The Excalibur looks like it can give people the finger at any time thanks to the arm cannon. Oh, and it has no head.

Those are thrusters coming out of the back of the Battle Pod's arms, not guns right?

Nope, they're lasers.

The Sentinel flight suit always looked like a cheap DYRL style suit to me.

That's not the only place they tried to rip off DYRL either.

covertops-1.JPG

Edited by hulagu

Nope, they're lasers.

covertops-1.JPG

LOL! That's because the artist/writer is a Macross fan and a long time Macrossworld member and that's the only way he's ever going to get to release a Macross comic book in the US.

LOL! That's because the artist/writer is a Macross fan and a long time Macrossworld member and that's the only way he's ever going to get to release a Macross comic book in the US.

I'm sorry, but that doesn't strike me as a really good excuse. By that measure, Robotech can just freely cherry pick whatever they like from the Macross line just because "it's the only way it's going to be released" over in the US.

Plaigarizing bits of story design and mecha design concepts is one thing (I actually believe both Macross and Robotech are guilty of doing this off each other), but that looks like a complete ripoff.

Edited by hulagu

The Sentinel flight suit always looked like a cheap DYRL style suit to me.

It always was a cheap imitation of the DYRL flightsuit, which isn't surprising... since reportedly Tatsunoko's animators had difficulty understanding the distinctions between Macross and Robotech... or so Carl Macek claims.

covertops-1.JPG

And that ain't the only place either... there were a couple years there where I think every single Robotech comic must've traced this image from DYRL artbooks at least once. I think the only companies to get the Robotech comic license who didn't indulge heavily in tracing from Macross artbooks and stealing characters and stories from other mecha shows were Comico and Wildstorm, though one could argue that Wildstorm's From the Stars miniseries was nothing but a Robotech version of events from the existing Macross timeline.

Plaigarizing bits of story design and mecha design concepts is one thing (I actually believe both Macross and Robotech are guilty of doing this off each other)

Ooookay, now there's a dubious claim if ever I saw one. I challenge you to find me one good example of Macross ripping of Robotech. Macross is readily available (legitimately and otherwise) in the US and abroad, but Robotech is NOT available in Japan. I'd guess that any of this you perceive from the Macross end is either coincidence or something not unique to Robotech at all.

Edited by Seto Kaiba

Ooookay, now there's a dubious claim if ever I saw one. I challenge you to find me one good example of Macross ripping of Robotech.

Not exactly robotech but the series making up robotech, (and I'm only half serious), but

SD Cavalry Southern Cross -> Sterling daughter (Dana in Robotech) and guitar freak (Bowie Grant/Emerson) battle against brainwashed humans(in the Southern Cross version) under the control of ancient vaguely mystical space weirdos. Guitar freak romances a space weirdo girl (Musica).

Macross 7 -> Guitar freak (Basara, taken to a ridiculous extreme) and a Jenius daughter (Mylene) battle against brainwashed humans under the control of ancient vaguely mystical space vampire weirdos. Guitar freak romances a space vampire weirdo girl (Sivil).

Mospeada -> Purple haired female impersonator (Yellow Belmont/Lancer) and friends struggle to survive against the attacks of insect like hive-mind biomechanical space bugs. Green haired bug girl (Sera/Sorji) has the hots for him.It turns out that the bugs just have a misunderstanding of the human condition and the human apefaces in the expeditionary fleet are worse than the bugs and are the real enemy in the finale.

Macross Frontier -> Purple haired female impersonator (Alto) and friends struggle to survive against the attacks of insect like hive-mind biomechanical space bugs. Green haired faux bug girl (Ranka) has the hots for him. It turns out that the bugs just have a misunderstanding of the human condition and the cyborg apefaces in Macross Galaxy are worse than the bugs and are the real enemy in the finale.

Plus, also, Ishtar and the emulators is basically a more stripperific version of Musica and the Muses from Southern Cross.

Also, the Red Vajra's similarity to the Invid Inorganic Scrimm (somewhere earlier in this thread), although I suppose there's only so many ways to draw a bug-like humanoid.

Edited by hulagu

Not exactly robotech but the series making up robotech, (and I'm only half serious), but

Yeah... let's have a look at these and see just how spurious they all are...

SD Cavalry Southern Cross -> Sterling daughter (Dana in Robotech) and guitar freak (Bowie Grant/Emerson) battle against brainwashed humans(in the Southern Cross version) under the control of ancient vaguely mystical space weirdos. Guitar freak romances a space weirdo girl (Musica).

Macross 7 -> Guitar freak (Basara, taken to a ridiculous extreme) and a Jenius daughter (Mylene) battle against brainwashed humans under the control of ancient vaguely mystical space vampire weirdos. Guitar freak romances a space vampire weirdo girl (Sivil).

Sorry, but nothing here is unique to Robotech or Southern Cross... this isn't a link at all. For one, Bowie isn't anything like a "guitar freak", the instrument he plays the most in the series is a piano, not a guitar. Not just a different instrument, but also a different genre. There was noting "vaguely mystical" about the Zor Lords either. Likewise, human soldiers being brainwashed and used by aliens is nothing new... Star Trek has done it at least a dozen times over the years. Bowie isn't a guitar freak, so there's no romancing of an alien girl by a guitar freak either, there's an alien musician sort of hooking up with a human musician, and I guarantee you Sivil was no harp virtuoso.

Rejected, nice try though.

Mospeada -> Purple haired female impersonator (Yellow Belmont/Lancer) and friends struggle to survive against the attacks of insect like hive-mind biomechanical space bugs. Green haired bug girl (Sera/Sorji) has the hots for him.It turns out that human apefaces in the expeditionary fleet are worse than the bugs and are the real enemy in the finale.

Macross Frontier -> Purple haired female impersonator (Alto) and friends struggle to survive against the attacks of insect like hive-mind biomechanical space bugs. Green haired faux bug girl (Ranka) has the hots for him. It turns out that the cyborg apefaces in Macross Galaxy are worse than the bugs and are the real enemy in the finale.

Aside from the obvious fact that Alto's hair is not purple, and the circumstances of their dressing as women are totally and completely different... Alto Saotome being an oyama, a male actor who plays female roles in kabuki theater, and Yellow Belmont was a soldier who adopted the disguise of a female lounge singer to hide from the Inbit troops hunting survivors of the Mars Forces. Furthermore, the Inbit/Invid are not biomechanical, they are organic lifeforms operating mecha, and the Vajra are entirely organic lifeforms. Sorji/Sera is an Inbit/Invid in humanoid form, Ranka is a quarter-Zentradi girl who just happens to be infected with the virus that serves as the Vajra communications medium. Additionally, the Vajra are not a hive mind, per se... the description of how their communications work is more in line with a distributed intelligence. Additionally, while the 3rd Earth Recapture Force were hell-bent on wiping out the Inbit who had occupied their home planet, whereas the Frontier NUNS forces were mislead into a war with the Vajra for ulterior motives.

Again, rejected because no actual link exists here, except in terms of generalities produced as a result of DRAMATIC oversimplification and omission of key detail.

Also, the Red Vajra's similarity to the Invid Inorganic Scrimm (somewhere earlier in this thread), although I supposed there's only so many ways to draw a bug-like humanoid.

Eh, I could point to a half-dozen other mecha that do the same thing... not indicative of a link either.

Plus, also, Ishtar and the emulators seems like a more stripperific version of Musica and the Muses from Southern Cross.

Nope, no link here either. The three muses of the Zor Lords were used to inspire the Zor people, and did so not by singing, but by playing ugly techno versions of stringed instruments. The muses in Robotech were used to keep cloned soldiers complacent and obedient. The Emulators of the Mardook in Macross II were used solely for the purpose of controlling the battlefield behavior and tactics of the brainwashed Zentradi troops by singing.

The first two are similar, the third is not... and the third one is the one your argument depends on. <_<

Edited by Seto Kaiba