k&M macross figures

jwinges

Funny that there were no descriptions on the bag itself to warn kids not to eat that... Or was it only in Japanese? ;)

Height of the regults is just a tiny bit shorter than the head of a joke machine.

Also wondering is anybody else having massive QC issues with these. I mean what do you expect for a $4 toy. Out of the box of 10 I got from Valk exchange I opened 6... of those 6 I had 2 big QC issues.

The Max transformable is missing its bicep and is thus relegated to staying in fighter mode. :(

The non-transformable has a broken leg. :(

I must say though they are pretty cool. Just having the 2 regults makes it worth it. They are totally awsome...however on one of them I had to drill the hole a little bigger to insert the right cannon. <_<

I wonder if I can get replacement parts anywhere.

Pix?? anybody? I know you guys have pix out there, come on now, share them with us!!! I am so getting these. I just want to want them more if I see some else have them! :p:D:lol:

Well, I opened the black bag... nothing in there.

But then I got a phone call from a kid that whispered "Seven days..."

:ph34r:

crap, you have to knit 5 black bags and ship them to 5 of your closest freinds,,,or else,,,,,youll buy more stuff

yeah guys, lets get some pics up in here

Well, I originally told myself that I wasn't going to buy these K&M figures, but after seeing them on display at a branch of Animate today, I broke down and bought a set. Actually, I really just wanted the Regult only, but they weren't selling individual figures so I had to buy the whole set of 5, for which I paid HK$188 (about US$24.10).

Anyway, with the exception of the Regult, I have to say that I'm actually pretty disappointed with these figures.

Both the Regult and the non-transforming Hikaru VF-1J are constructed of hard PVC and come fully painted over their entire surface. The paint job is very good especially on the Regult, which comes covered with those weird squiggly Zentradi markings. While the paint job on the non-transforming Hikaru VF-1J is well applied, the choice of colors is odd as it's mostly different shades of grey rather than white. Only the head, shoulders, back and part of the upper leg (below the thigh) are white, pretty much the rest of the figure is grey, some of it quite dark grey!

Both the Regult and the non transforming Hikaru are well articulated. I count 18 points of articulation on the VF-1J and and 13 on the Regult. One area where the Regult disappoints is that the main thrusters on the sides of the pod do not rotate, unlike on the fairly recent Bandai HG Mission # 2 Regult figure. Some of the joints on the non-transforming VF-1J where very tight and after only about 5 minutes of possing the figure I accidently snapped the right elbow joint (a peg in hole type affair) :( Sizewise, the Regult is about 11cm tall (measured to the tips of the main guns). The non-transforming Hikaru VF-1J stands 7cm tall.

Moving onto to the three transforming valks, which are the VF-1A Cannon Fodder (Brownie), VF-1J Max and VF-1J Hikaru. These figures do not have perfect transformation, instead relying on the parts swapping method to get the job done. Basically to change from battroid to fighter mode, the feet, head, gunpod, backpack, nose/cockpit section and arms all need to be removed and swapped for different fighter mode parts.

The transforming figures are pretty small. In fighter mode they are about 7.5cm long. In battroid mode just under 7cm tall. They seem to be made mostly of ABS plastic rather than PVC, so no gashapon disease ;) There are no metal parts or screws at all. The figures are not fully painted over their entire surface unlike the non-transforming VF-1J, but they do come molded in the correct color plastic, i.e. blue for Max, white for Hikaru etc. The various colored stripes, canopy and a few other small details are painted on. The transforming figures do however have a few Tampo printed markings such as the kite emblem and 'UN Spacy'.

IMO of the three modes, the Gerwalk mode looks the best, the fighter mode is not too bad either although the chest and backplates don't stay together too well sometimes creating a noticable gap. The battroid mode is just terrible. It is just so out of proportion it's not funny. So far nothing has broken on the transforming figures, but they look very fragile.

Overall not recommended. If you have a chance to buy just the Regult figure, I'd say go for it, but the other figures are a big waste of money IMO.

Graham

ive been looking around and asking and believe it or not but these are actually sold out in tokyo. i saw a few stores that had them but were trying to sell them for more than double the price. didnt these just come out recently? hopefully ill have some luck at the super festival swap meet coming up but ive already order a set from ve.