Macross Frontier News Thread IV *Read 1st post*

azrael

What has me the most stoked is that film budget are much higher than TV budgets and we'll be getting even better animation quality from the movie than we saw in the series!!! :D

It's so obvious, but that fact didn't hit me until you mentioned it! Wow, I shudder to think what the Frontier film is going to look like! :blink:

I would like the movie to be about any of these...

1. Prequel, what happened on 117th, Grace rise to insanity and Sheryl rise to stardom

2. Sidestory of another character (Machida?) with alternate retelling of Frontier

3. Aftermath of the series and colonization with coexistance with the Vajra

4. Find out what really happened to Megaroad-01

5. Solve the damn triangle, I accept Alto not being the one picked between Sheryl and Ranka, haha

Number 1 is unlikely since if we go that route we won't be seeing VF-25 pr0n. :mellow: They need to sell more VF-25 toys. :D

Numbers 2, 3 & 5 though are very much possible. :) Don't like the idea of 4 though.

Anyways.....any ideas when the movie will released? :mellow: I'm having this bad feeling that it will be released somewhere in February 2009 to coincide with the start of Space War 1. :unsure:

for those interested...

pic of the vol-2 of the R2J-dvd stuff (dvd/case/sms-pins):

r2j0908006co2.th.jpgthpix.gif

sample-pages of the liner-note:

r2j0908007oc6.th.jpgthpix.gif r2j0908008lo6.th.jpgthpix.gif

no scanner, so just camera-shots. :lol:

oh, and i ain't gettin the BD-versions anymore, so somebody else will have to show you what stuff they got in the BD-release of vol-2 and beyond.

or bandai might push for a december release to coincide with the DX issue for a christmas windfall.

hey, that's an idea. christmas on vajra planet. lots of romantic possibilities there..

edit: that perhaps can force a resolution

whatever the story, and whenever they release it, with the movie, they have the opportunity to target a more mature audience. i hope they go that route.

Edited by Major Focker

oh, and i ain't gettin the BD-versions anymore, so somebody else will have to show you what stuff they got in the BD-release of vol-2 and beyond.

Haven't gotten my volume 2 BD yet... but with the DVD and BD versions of volume 1 you got basicly the exact same things. Only difference was that the booklet for the BD-version was smaller since the BD-case is smaller than the DVD one. :ph34r:

Another premise for the movie (assuming it won't be compilation) is the search for the Galaxy fleet.

As of yet we still don't know if it has been destroyed or if it's somewhere out there under the command of Grace's accomplices...

Would make for some cool Valk on Valk action! :D

What has me the most stoked is that film budget are much higher than TV budgets and we'll be getting even better animation quality from the movie than we saw in the series!!! :D

That's the idea, I'm excited as much as the next guy, what worries me though is the time frame of release, if the rumored december release is true, it means we're only 2 months away, that's nowhere near enough time to pull off the production of a high profile feature film, even if they were on pre-production (or even production) simultaneously with the TV series, unless they are planning to reuse stock footage from Frontier. I would rather have them take their time.

I still have a lot of questions, I really don't know to what type of production I should be comparing this movie to, would this be a made for TV movie, or is it a wide release? I wonder what type of budget we're talking here. I never saw Aquarion, let alone the movie, but I have seen a lot of coverage for the NGE movie(s), and Sky Crawlers, which could be considered high profile, would the Frontier movie be comparable to the Aquarion movie, or NGE and Sky Crawlers?

if the rumored december release is true

Probably it isn't. IIRC that news came out with a fake spoiler.

I still have a lot of questions, I really don't know to what type of production I should be comparing this movie to, would this be a made for TV movie, or is it a wide release? I wonder what type of budget we're talking here. I never saw Aquarion, let alone the movie, but I have seen a lot of coverage for the NGE movie(s), and Sky Crawlers, which could be considered high profile, would the Frontier movie be comparable to the Aquarion movie, or NGE and Sky Crawlers?

Aquarion as a TV series was high-budget, although the use of CG in a TV series was experimental at the time for Kawamori. Nevertheless, it did have the "OVA quality in the first episodes" look. The "movie" (OVAs, more precisely) looked even better, although you have to take in account the priorities: 1) CG 2) scenery 3) characters. As you can see, it's not different from Frontier, hoping Frontier was good enough for you.

FV

Thanks for the news, Graham. Hmm.... Should I bother to invest the effort in getting it, when it'll likely be swiped up by evil scalping MacF otaku

the second it is released, like the kits and concert tickets and all the other crap I wanted..?

Where the Aquarion OVAs and Movies all new footage, or recyled animation?

Graham

To answer your question rather belatedly, yeah, it was all new footage in terms of it WASN'T just the TV show edited together. However, the theatrical release was very similar to the 1995 Macross Fair which as we all know comprised of the Macross 7: Galaxy is Calling Me movie shown together with Macross Plus Movie Edition. That is to say, the Theatrical Aquarion was made up of the two OVAs (Wings of Betrayal and Wings of Glory) back to back, making up about two hours, along with a brand new feature, the 30-minute "episode", Hymn of Triumph.

Thus both the 1995 Macross and 2007 (or was it 2008?) Aquarion "movies" were actually compilations of their respective OVAs plus a new "short", though neither of them spliced together TV footage to make a movie.

It'll be interesting to see what route MacF takes, since it does not have an OVA to fall back on. They should've made a Macross Zero movie first, though, with all the "fixes".

Since it just popped into my mind just then and probably will be on others after this post; Does anyone have the ratings for the final episode of Frontier?

I just thought it'd be interesting to see how the last epsiode stacks up with it's premier's numbers.

I was wondering the same thing, I have high hopes for the finale's ratings, I hope I'm right.

You know, they could sell a zillion "girls of Frontier" pin-up calenders...

Heck, I'd buy anything that had "Grace in flightsuit"...

Interesting... Megumi Nakajima actually has a VF-25 model kit:

http://stblog.stardust-web.net/nakajimamegumi/

Did she actually build it herself? Kinda looks that way.

Macross F Movie

マクロスF

ファミ通河森インタ

映画は愛おぼ形式。出てくるキャラ、基本的な事件は同じだが違う側面をどう描くか思案中

・キラッを聞かせせるためだけに12話を作った

・マクロスFのテーマはコミニュケーションギャップ。なかでも誤解とかすれ違い

・三角関係でどっちをとるかっつうけど今の社会で当たり前な一夫一妻制に縛られてるだけ。人間以外は一夫一妻制ばかりじゃない

Maybe MF movie like Macross Movie. Same event, different story...

762280.jpg

Edited by kresphy

Frontier got 3.0%... hahaha, no offence, but that's terrible rating for a finale...

hmm...Doraemon bday special??? I will look at the torrents for that one, hahaha, big Doraemon fan here

Frontier a retelling ala DYRL... hmm....he's probably jerking everyone like he's done with the entire series, hahaha, still remember the pineapple Ozma episode, curse you Kawamori troll!

Frontier got 3.0%... hahaha, no offence, but that's terrible rating for a finale...

Its shown at 2:25 in the morning. What exactly are you expecting it to do? And if it works anyway like it does in NA, DVR recordings are not counted in the ratings. The real numbers to look at here are the DVD sales, which last time I heard, were selling like crazy.

Macross F Movie

c

映画は愛おぼ形式。出てくるキャラ、基本的な事件は同じだが違う側面をどう描くか思案中

・キラッを聞かせせるためだけに12話を作った

・マクロスFのテーマはコミニュケーションギャップ。なかでも誤解とかすれ違い

・三角関係でどっちをとるかっつうけど今の社会で当たり前な一夫一妻制に縛られてるだけ。人間以外は一夫一妻制ばかりじゃない

Maybe MF movie like Macross Movie. Same event, different story...

762280.jpg

Babel Fish translation:

[makurosu] F [huami] river forest inter- As for movie love [bo] type. But as for [kiyara] and the basic incident which come out the same how you draw the side which is different while thinking stories as for theme of were made, [makurosu] just in order whether hearing to fiddle [kiratsu] F [kominiyukeshiyongiyatsupu]. Even among them you take which in connection with the misunderstanding and huskiness difference triangle, the [tsu] in receiving [do] current society being bound in natural monogamy, just the [ru]. Other than the human there is no only monogamy

So... Something like DYRL... But with more emphasis in the love-triangle? :huh:

Edited by Kronnang Dunn