X-Men Origins: Wolverine

Guest sh002

Guest sh002

Ok post any news, pics, video, etc here. This movie looks to be badass.

IMDB listing

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0458525/

Interview with Hugh Jackman and Stan Lee

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wHLuK7rb3UY

Description of the trailer

http://www.slashfilm.com/2008/07/24/wolver...-blob-and-more/

All the youtube videos of the trailer seem to be gone. I saved one yesterday as an mp4 but am sure I can't post it here. Anyway looking forward to this movie.

"I'm gonna cut your goddamn head off. See if that works."

post-2880-1217295998_thumb.jpg

post-2880-1217296009_thumb.jpg

post-2880-1217296018_thumb.jpg

post-2880-1217296033_thumb.jpg

post-2880-1217343683_thumb.jpg

Edited by sh002

nope, for most of x-men lore, emma was an x-men foe as the white queen, part of the hellfire club. She went through a redemption arc, ended up as the headmistress of Generation X and then ended up with the x-men, had a psychic affair with Scott Summers and after Jean's (most recent) death has been co-leading the x-men along with scott summers.

Her diamond form was introduced relatively recently as her "secondary mutation" which grant morrison introduced along with turning Beast into a big bipedal cat.

nope, for most of x-men lore, emma was an x-men foe as the white queen, part of the hellfire club. She went through a redemption arc, ended up as the headmistress of Generation X and then ended up with the x-men, had a psychic affair with Scott Summers and after Jean's (most recent) death has been co-leading the x-men along with scott summers.

Her diamond form was introduced relatively recently as her "secondary mutation" which grant morrison introduced along with turning Beast into a big bipedal cat.

Cool thanks, i'd love to know who will play her character, i have seen her in comics every now an then and like her stuff.

I watched the trailer this afternoon, while it was still online. It looked pretty good, IMO, but I could have done without Gambit. Since when is he part of Weapon X lore? Or has there been substantial retconning in the 15-odd years since I quit reading? Liev Schreiber as Sabertooth looks to be an excellent bit of casting.

I watched the trailer this afternoon, while it was still online. It looked pretty good, IMO, but I could have done without Gambit. Since when is he part of Weapon X lore? Or has there been substantial retconning in the 15-odd years since I quit reading? Liev Schreiber as Sabertooth looks to be an excellent bit of casting.

the movies ignore both earth 616 and the ultimate universe... gambit was not part of weapon X in either universe, nor were emma or beak. The blob was a weapon in the ultimate universe though.

It looks like they just needed mutants to flesh out the Weapon roster and decided to give fans some of the mutants they've been screaming for ever since the first X-men movie. I'm hoping the movie doesn't spend too much time on all these peripheral characters. One of the flaws of the x-men sequels was the never ending introduction of secondary and tertiary characters and at the cost of developing the core characters, I thought. I really hope that all these other mutants don't get much screen time other than during a big jail break sequence.

Guest sh002

lady deathstrike would have been badass in this. too bad kelly hu is not listed. it would be cool if there was a cameo.

post-2880-1217299055_thumb.jpg

post-2880-1217299070_thumb.jpg

Edited by sh002

lady deathstrike would have been badass in this. too bad kelly hu is not listed. it would be cool if there was a cameo.

A little Kelly Hu is always a good thing, but Striker makes it clear she came along well after Logan broke out of Weapon X in X-men 2.

Liev Schreiber as Sabertooth looks to be an excellent bit of casting.

Liev Schreiber? tha hell?!? That's a bit of a stretch, ain't it?

I know that at 48yrs, his prime viability has pretty well passed, and since his severe leg injury [one of the nastiest sports injuries I have EVER seen, right up there with J. Theisman :ph34r: ] it's not exactly an option...but I always thought wrestler Sid Eudy was Sabertooth incarnate.

post-1488-1217301600_thumb.jpg

Edited by reddsun1

Sadly the extended fight of Logan and DeathStrike is not incorporated into the film (idiots) you need to select it from the menu, and basically she and Logan are alot more violent. :) Badass. Hopefully she will be in the sequel to Wolverine.

As for the third movie i still haven't bought it yet... got special ed. of the first two though.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Aside from Wolverine, Gambit is my favorite X-Men character, so I'm not complaining! Ryan Reynolds is the perfect, wise-ass casting of Deadpool. And no, I wouldn't have thought of Liev Schreiber as Sabretooth at all, but I definitely think it's a good call. Schreiber is indeed a good actor and I agree with eugimon. He'll bring more depth and dimension to Victor Creed.

Shoot... now I wish I'd gone to ComicCon. Both Tr2n and Wolverine!

Aside from Wolverine, Gambit is my favorite X-Men character, so I'm not complaining! Ryan Reynolds is the perfect, wise-ass casting of Deadpool. And no, I wouldn't have thought of Liev Schreiber as Sabretooth at all, but I definitely think it's a good call. Schreiber is indeed a good actor and I agree with eugimon. He'll bring more depth and dimension to Victor Creed.

Shoot... now I wish I'd gone to ComicCon. Both Tr2n and Wolverine!

stop a minute? Deadpool is in this? I've got to see it. I thought he was going to get his own R-rated movie sometime.

stop a minute? Deadpool is in this? I've got to see it. I thought he was going to get his own R-rated movie sometime.

Yup. Ryan Reynolds as Deadpool. For some blurry, grainy stills from the Comic Con trailer go to: here

Or until it's taken down like it has been on many sites, here's the bootleg trailer: trailer

Yup. Ryan Reynolds as Deadpool. For some blurry, grainy stills from the Comic Con trailer go to: here

Or until it's taken down like it has been on many sites, here's the bootleg trailer: trailer

ah I just didn't recognize him in the trailer without his suit. and his face is not all scarred... it better get messed up in this so he can be fugly for his own movie.

The bone claws and James Howlett story makes me glad to have given up Marvel comics years ago. ^_^

The movie looks good, though I question the necessity for Gambit and Deadpool. Wolverine's a strong and deep enough character to support a movie on his own, and especially with Sabretooth, Stryker and Silver Fox co-starring.

His Name is James Howlett? That's awful... I know they do that in comic books all the time... IN THE 60's!

Howlett, oh I get it... cuz he's a wolverine... that's like naming Spider-Man Peter McEightlegs...

His Name is James Howlett? That's awful... I know they do that in comic books all the time... IN THE 60's!

Howlett, oh I get it... cuz he's a wolverine... that's like naming Spider-Man Peter McEightlegs...

which is funny, because wolverines aren't wolves... they're giant smelly weasles and they don't howl at the moon. Actually, if Wolverine really had the powers of his namesake, he wouldn't just have the claws, but also be able to spray his enemies with a foul liquid out of his ass like a skunk. :blink: