Who or what is Galaxy Anonymous?

RedWolf

Just who or what is Galaxy Anonymous? The personalities within Grace O'Connor.

Rebel AIs?

Corporate Macross Galaxy?

Or another Protoculture remnant?

Episode 15 gave more questions than answers.

What is their goal that supposedly surpasses the Protoculture? What does the Vajra have to do with it?

My money is on that they're some corporate bigwigs/scientists from Galaxy with ties to the 117th fleet that banded together for some common goal. Whatever this goal is, it involves manipulating the Vajra, and probably involves achieving something that even the protoculture were unable to. They plan to achieve this "Dream of the protoculture" all for the glory and betterment of themselves.

Well it's a well know fact, sonny Jim, that there's a group of the five wealthiest people in the world known as the pentaverate, who run everything in the world, including the newspapers. And meet tri-annually at a secret country mansion known as, the Meadows.

The Queen

The Vatican

The Gettes

The Rothchilds

and

Colonel Sanders, before he went tets up.

Oh, how I hate the colonel with his wee beady eyes, and that smug look on his face... Oh, your'e gonna buy my chicken, oh...

:ph34r:

ending credits include names such as:

Old man

Middle-aged man

Young man

Young girl

add Grace to the above... that's 5 of them. with such generic names, i'm not expecting them to be individually important roles... unless SK finally noticed that the ending credits kinda spoil the plot and try to cover it up this time.

:unsure:

Old man

Middle-aged man

Young man

Young girl

add Grace to the above... that's 5 of them. with such generic names, i'm not expecting them to be individually important roles... unless SK finally noticed that the ending credits kinda spoil the plot and try to cover it up this time.

Could it be The Angelionis? :ph34r:

One of the deeper voices (non-old man) sounded like the underling of the Captain of Battle 25. It took me a while to try to recognize the voice with the distortions. For a bit I thought it was maybe Otsuka Akio, but that voice didn't have the same intonation or speaking style.

Kronnang Dunn just made an intriguing guess. :ph34r:

Edited by Sumdumgai

I see I havet o finally get around to watching episode 15... :)

The Vatican

The Vatican is not a person :)

And I think it's Sharon Apple.

Why?

Because there have been almost no other Macross: Plus homages whatsoever in Frontier, which is otherwise full of homages.

So in the end, the AI has to somehow be connected to Sharon Apple and her strange, murky plans...

VFTF1

I see I havet o finally get around to watching episode 15... :)

The Vatican is not a person :)

And I think it's Sharon Apple.

Why?

Because there have been almost no other Macross: Plus homages whatsoever in Frontier, which is otherwise full of homages.

So in the end, the AI has to somehow be connected to Sharon Apple and her strange, murky plans...

VFTF1

You know there was an implication of prior AI development before Sharon Apple in Plus.

Emotion chips were declared illegal because they make AI have self preservation instincts and irrationally dangerous.

They can't have juice machines and street sweepers staging a rebellion, can they? :lol:

Even then Sharon's creation involved personality imprinting using a live person.

Old man

Middle-aged man

Young man

Young girl

They're the collective conciousness of everyone lost on the Megaroad-1.

Old man -> Global (yeah yeah he wasn't on MR1.....sue me)

Middle-aged man -> Kaifun

Young man -> Hikaru

Young girl -> Min may

Grace(?) -> Misa

:lol:

My theory; remnants of the Supervision army with advanced cybernetics that have inserted themselves into human society to cause disruptions in the NUNS and their allies.

My theory; remnants of the Supervision army with advanced cybernetics that have inserted themselves into human society to cause disruptions in the NUNS and their allies.

Argh, just another very possible theory to mess my head even more... :wacko:

Edited by Kronnang Dunn

Argh, just another very possible theory to mess my head even more... :wacko:

Before the we saw the WTF-1, I would've said that the Supervision Army went to its ultimate demise about fifty to sixty years before Frontier...but now, I'm no longer so sure.

Shouldn't the Supervision Army have all become confused and eventually returned to their former selves after the Protodevlin went back to that other dimension...

Hey, maybe the freed Protoculture from the Supervision Army would now begin reorganizing their own empire.

Nah, I probably have all this Mac7 stuff screwed up.

I knew it:

Old man -> Shoji Kawamori

Middle-aged man -> Katsuyuki Konishi

Young man -> Yuichi Nakamura

Young girl -> Megumi Nakajima

Their plotting to empty our wallet to ensure the survival of Macross series :lol:

Shouldn't the Supervision Army have all become confused and eventually returned to their former selves after the Protodevlin went back to that other dimension...

Hey, maybe the freed Protoculture from the Supervision Army would now begin reorganizing their own empire.

Frankly we don't know squat about the Supervision Army today.

We only that a) Their crew are giants and b) their mecha has the same paint job or aesthetic as the Elgerzorene (Exsedol noted that the enemy's fighters seem familiar but dismissed it as they are the wrong size.) and c) they booby trap their ships.

We don't know if the Protodevlin is still in command of the Supervision Army after so long.

Besides Gepelnitch was too busy with his Spiritia Farm project to even bother.

Protodevlin don't seek galactic domination. Bringing in the Supervision Army would undoubtedly attract uncultured Zentradi main fleets. On Exsedol's count there should be more or less 2000 of them

To be frank, I never understood how it was all supposed to have worked out...the Varauta Army seemed like they would be helpless without the Protodeviln's control...but somehow, with the big monsters sealed away, the Supervision Army could not only function, but do pretty well for tens of thousdands of years...? How?

hehe, ok since the galaxy anonymous has already been equated to the SA, i'm surprised it hasn't reached the other extreme yet.... that the galaxy anonymous is what is left of the protoculture. the protoculture's last survivors merged their consciousness into one AI, and wants to make sure that no single race makes the same mistake they did by scattering too much all over the universe. sort of like the anti-spirals to the spirals. :p

not really my theory or prediction, just something to throw out there. ^_^

I knew it:

Old man -> Shoji Kawamori

Middle-aged man -> Katsuyuki Konishi

Young man -> Yuichi Nakamura

Young girl -> Megumi Nakajima

Their plotting to empty our wallet to ensure the survival of Macross series :lol:

And they will succeed... ^_^

Btw... I re-watched episode 15 for the second time around... and I just thought of this...

Grace's toaster mind is the sum of 5 rogue consciousness that once belonged to Protoculture individuals. They had been hiding in a Super Dimensional "Fold Network" developed/discovered by the PC, which serves as the last resting place of their knowledge. The "Proto-agreement" they mentioned was an oat they made of not interfering/communicating/interacting with lesser developed species/societies, but these minds/entities broke it.

NUNS scientists (probably from the 117th fleet, hence the reference to Grace's birthplace) connected an A.I. to that network to investigate it and the end result was that those consciousness infected it like a computer virus. They merged with the A.I. forming a totally new entity that has been secretly watching/studying the Human/Zentradi Alliance. Is very likely that they were the cause for the development of the Vajra and perhaps the Dimension Eater too. The Vajra attack on the 117th was their doing...

For what purpose? I haven't figured it yet, but their utilitarian methods clearly indicate that they are willing to sacrify any living being for their ends, what makes them quite evil and dangerous in my book... :blink:

Edited by Kronnang Dunn

Proto-ageement was a mistranlation. Though how the heck do mistranslate the word Protocol?

The Protocol was referring to both Sheryl and Ranka singing reaching deep space through the crystals.

Whoa... Didn't notice that. Then we can discard what I just said of the "Proto-agreement", but I believe that the rest of my theory is still probable despite of that...

I thought about that "Fold Network" when watching the "strings and shapes" sequence. Perhaps that's where Grace went when she was being destroyed by the Dimension Eater. Then her multi-mind was uploaded into the new body through Fold communication... (what would explain the dialogue and the scenes during that whole sequence).

Edited by Kronnang Dunn

hehe, ok since the galaxy anonymous has already been equated to the SA, i'm surprised it hasn't reached the other extreme yet.... that the galaxy anonymous is what is left of the protoculture. the protoculture's last survivors merged their consciousness into one AI, and wants to make sure that no single race makes the same mistake they did by scattering too much all over the universe. sort of like the anti-spirals to the spirals. :p

not really my theory or prediction, just something to throw out there. ^_^

Btw... I re-watched episode 15 for the second time around... and I just thought of this...

Grace's toaster mind is the sum of 5 rogue consciousness that once belonged to Protoculture individuals. They had been hiding in a Super Dimensional "Fold Network" developed/discovered by the PC, which serves as the last resting place of their knowledge. The "Proto-agreement" they mentioned was an oat they made of not interfering/communicating/interacting with lesser developed species/societies, but these minds/entities broke it.

NUNS scientists (probably from the 117th fleet, hence the reference to Grace's birthplace) connected an A.I. to that network to investigate it and the end result was that those consciousness infected it like a computer virus. They merged with the A.I. forming a totally new entity that has been secretly watching/studying the Human/Zentradi Alliance. Is very likely that they were the cause for the development of the Vajra and perhaps the Dimension Eater too. The Vajra attack on the 117th was their doing...

For what purpose? I haven't figured it yet, but their utilitarian methods clearly indicate that they are willing to sacrify any living being for their ends, what makes them quite evil and dangerous in my book... :blink:

almost similar ideas that sprung up just 3 minutes apart! :o

it MUST be the protoculture indeed, and they're now messing with our minds! :wacko:

Nay, they just probably some angry Sharon Apple fanboy/girl from Eden who went crazy after they heard their beloved idol is blown to dust. That's why they created the Fairy Project, so other people will also feel the same lost/desperation after the Fairy Idol is consumed into Dimension eater/Vajra.

Fanboy/girl plotting is the best plot ever, even better then the plot made by politicians/high ranking military :lol:

Nay, they just probably some angry Sharon Apple fanboy/girl from Eden who went crazy after they heard their beloved idol is blown to dust. That's why they created the Fairy Project, so other people will also feel the same lost/desperation after the Fairy Idol is consumed into Dimension eater/Vajra.

Fanboy/girl plotting is the best plot ever, even better then the plot made by politicians/high ranking military :lol:

Hence my theory that the whole protodevlin thingy was all Dr. Chiba's doing, just so he can finally fulfill his fanboy dreams of using minmei-type song energy in battle. :p

• 4 weeks later...
Grace's toaster mind is the sum of 5 rogue consciousness that once belonged to Protoculture individuals.

A thought just struck me, if Grace and co are the protoculture in someway, is that getting rather close to religious metaphor? Consider this, if the prorotculture is indeed the creator of all intelligent species we've seen in the series (and conceviably the Vajra too), this makes them in effect, gods. Given Shoji Kawamori's spiritalist tendancies, it wouldn't surprise me if he'd go down this route, although hopefully not in the same very obvious way as Evangelion. In this light, what is Grace? Her actions could be compared to a fallen angel, with all the manipulation, temptation and large scale destruction. However, those are also very common traits of supposidly benevolent deities. Consider what Zeus and his kin got up to in the old greek pantheon, and what God, note capital G, did in the old testiment.

Given how mythical Macross Zero was, I'm starting to wonder if Shoji was laying the foundations for some big reveal in Frontier. I hope I'm wrong though.

Edited by Ork_dreadnought