VF-OS or VF-0A

arrow

No.

Got my VF-0A 1 to 2 months back. Recently after pasting all the decals I decided to transform it merely into Gerwalk, and it didn't take me long to find out that my right arm plastic gray bicep (holding it on to the upper arm) has cracked partially.

The whole arm eventually came off with the bits and pieces of plastic. And it sucks looking at a one arm Gerwalk-er in my display shelf....

I need help to get it repaired by ANY means neccesary!

And as if its not enough, I already pre-ordered 2 VF-0S before that.... :wacko:

Edited by hui

sigh, VF-0S with Ghost combo (2nd release of the VF-0S) is supposeably the fixed version.

VF-0A is doomed to crack, as is the original VF-0S which had more problems.

I am not sure of the VF-0S standalone re-release if at all there was one (without the Ghost)

VF-0A SHIN + Ghost combo was supposed to be fixed, but reports are that the line is half fixed.

Don't ask me or any of us why, no one can give us a clear answer (throws hands up in the air).

I have the Shin Ghost Combo, and transformed it numerous times (around 10 cycles) and no worries.

Buy yourself the VF-0A cannon fodder from hlj.com at sales price and buy a set (2 arms) of replacements arms with it.

(you will need to ask them for it - trouble@hlj.com)

*pats self on back*

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Order the extra arms. I got three 0A's last week all with broken sholders, I forgot to order the Replacements at the same time. stupid stupid.

But with that I still love the 0's.

Current VF-0S Release 1.0

Current VF-0A Release 1.0

Current Shin VF-0A Ghost Combo Release 1.5

Current Focker VF-0S Ghost Combo Release 2.0 with all the fixings - supposedly

The VF-0S standalone I heard is scheduled for release 2.0 but don't know the exact date yet. Same for the VF-0A standalone and VF-0A Shin Ghost Combo. I'm guessing after the 2nd issue of the YF-21 due to demand, and GNU figures.

Don't hold me to this as I'm still waitng to buy the VF-0A standalone and praying for the VF-0D

Buy the 0S combo as a safe bet, skip the rest or just by extra arms but you need to know the 1.0s don't have locking feet in battroid! You should check if you can order extra feets / thrusters.

I will check both of my Shin VF-0A combos this weekend and report back.

BTW: I currently like the VF-0s more than my 1/48 VF-1 collection! ... sad but the new sculpts just rocks hard.

Edited by Neova

Buy the original vf-0a (the nicest looking of them all), and get the extra shoulder from Silverdragon here in the forums (in the sales thread, you see a "Parts Depot" for this) doe 10$, and buy the booster packs (or not) seperatly.

Otherwise, buy the shin (if you like the white stripe and the differences in scheme, but i know i dont like it) and its complete. Or, buy the new complete vf-1s with booster pack, which is the second version. You can stil buy the shoulder from Silverdragon just in case. I have the original vf-1s (very loos and no locks on booster makes this very bad) and the vf-0a, since day one, but no shoulder breackage, but still i am buying the shoulder parts if one day it breack. DONOT get original vf-0s in any surcumstances, unless you want to just leave it in plane mode, like me ;)

the vf-0a CF also has a problem with the bicep swivel breaking, just replacing the upper arm may not be enough.

The only 100% safe bet is either the vf-0s w/ghost or the reissue vf-0s. The shin vf-0a w/ghost looks like a few got out the door without the fixes.

I have the first gen (I don't even know if there is a second) VF-0S with ghost (I actualy have 3) and they are all tight as a snare drum.

My second gen VF-0A on the other hand was such a sloppy mess that I gave up on it and sold it on eBay.

I have the first gen (I don't even know if there is a second) VF-0S with ghost (I actualy have 3) and they are all tight as a snare drum.

My second gen VF-0A on the other hand was such a sloppy mess that I gave up on it and sold it on eBay.

Yo Squidd where the hell ya been? Haven't seen ya around in a while.

I was just about to ask the same. I haven't seen you in a grip Sqidd man. How's it hangin?!?

:ph34r:

Just in time...

http://www.toysdaily.com/discuz/thread-65580-1-1.html

http://www.toysdaily.com/discuz/thread-65576-1-1.html

VF-0S will have an reissue this month, along with 1:48 VF-1J M&M.

That's what I like to hear! THANKS for the info!

I guess im one of the lucky few that got a perfect 1st generation vf-0s. Ive transformed it twice now and nothing has broken off yet but the elbow joint connection is a little loose and pops off if I rotate the arm too much other than that its fine. I really wanted to get a vf-0a shin though but since im hearing all these bad things about it I think ill steer clear of it for now.

I guess im one of the lucky few that got a perfect 1st generation vf-0s. Ive transformed it twice now and nothing has broken off yet but the elbow joint connection is a little loose and pops off if I rotate the arm too much other than that its fine. I really wanted to get a vf-0a shin though but since im hearing all these bad things about it I think ill steer clear of it for now.

You can't always go by what you hear. There are LOTS of figures that I have purchased and have been perfect (just like the VF-0S first edition that I sold) and people have said that they were $hitty. Don't let that stop you from getting it unless EVERYONE says it's $hitty.

Anyone know where to buy a VF-0S with ghost for a decent price?

To be honest with you...this is NOT a bad price. Most people sell their VF-0S stand alone shipped for this or more than this is not shipped.

CHECK IT!!!

EDIT-----> And here's Shins

Edited by misterryno

To be honest with you...this is NOT a bad price. Most people sell their VF-0S stand alone shipped for this or more than this is not shipped.

CHECK IT!!!

EDIT-----> And here's Shins

Yeah but you have to remember shipping costs too... HLJ will rape you with shipping even with SAL most of the time because of the distance japan is from everywhere else. Thats why HLJ marks down their prices because otherwise they couldn't compete with a US or domestic seller.

Yeah but you have to remember shipping costs too... HLJ will rape you with shipping even with SAL most of the time because of the distance japan is from everywhere else. Thats why HLJ marks down their prices because otherwise they couldn't compete with a US or domestic seller.

Yeah right, and then you show up in the US/domestic seller store, but then they are out of stock because they only bothered to buy 3 units of that thing you were looking for..... SPECULATORS!

I guess you're right about the pricing with HLJ, but there are right there, close to the source, and it's easier for them to get restocks and hard to find items.... I'm not a fan of either, is just that both things have pros and cons.....

Edited by ::NXS::

Is the VF-0S with ghost going to be reissued anytime soon? Then maybe more US domestic sellers will have them in stock again ...

Thats the cons of domestic sellers though all too often they are out of stock fast and then you have to wait two or three months to get the next restock... oh well cant have everything I guess.

Is the VF-0S with ghost going to be reissued anytime soon? Then maybe more US domestic sellers will have them in stock again ...

Just in time...

http://www.toysdaily.com/discuz/thread-65580-1-1.html

http://www.toysdaily.com/discuz/thread-65576-1-1.html

VF-0S will have an reissue this month, along with 1:48 VF-1J M&M.

Will a combo be released later as well? More than likely.

Sorry, mine is actually a VF-0A. Edited.

From all the posts I see, 0A is seriously a 50-50 buy at your own risk kinda thing :ph34r:

Does 0As really have more problems than 0Ss?

Vermillion 21 - dun think I can just cancel it after putting down some deposit, but most likely to transform it when I get my hands on one of them this month and see if its worthy to keep.

Frankly speaking, I pretty disappointed with Yamato's QC, especially when they mass produce all these VFs which were quite similar to one another and yet quality issues still pop out here and there everytime. Just look at Takara's MP StarScream and one can really tell the difference in this area.

And thanks for the advice in getting the arm replacements. I didn't know they were available in the market. But is HLJ the only place to get them and do they supply the entire arm? Seems like Silverdragon only has the upper arms. I need the lower bicep joint which has cracked...

Edited by hui

yes and no. The VF-0a CF runs the risk of breaking at the shoulder and at the elbow end of the bicep swivel.

The vf-0s runs the risk of breaking at the shoulder, but has a host of other problems:

feet that don't lock down in battroid

backpack that doesn't stay up

gunpod that won't fit arm mounts

loose thigh swivels

how can you tell if the actual VF-0s is the 2.0 w/ fixes just by looking at it? I'm planning to buy VF-0S w/ booster from a local retailer, but i don't know if they'll let me handle it and check if the feet lock in battroid... are there other signs? i'm paranoid that maybe the valk was switched with a ver1.0.

Edited by m0n5t3r

how can you tell if the actual VF-0s is the 2.0 w/ fixes just by looking at it? I'm planning to buy VF-0S w/ booster from a local retailer, but i don't know if they'll let me handle it and check if the feet lock in battroid... are there other signs? i'm paranoid that maybe the valk was switched with a ver1.0.

The VF-0S 2.0 has not been released yet! It will be this month in Asia so you can figure it out from the dealers who will >re-stock< it.

Most will not inform consumers if its version 2.0 to get rid of the old 1.0 stock.

Edited by Neova

Well that may be true but in all the years I've been ordering from HLJ (Gundam stuff mostly) not once have I had any problems. No damaged packages upon arrival or messed up orders. Plus on occasion they have some REALLY nice closeouts.

The VF-0S 2.0 has not been released yet! It will be this month in Asia so you can figure it out from the dealers who will >re-stock< it.

Most will not inform consumers if its version 2.0 to get rid of the old 1.0 stock.

yeah, i saw the ad... i meant that the VF-0s w/ ghost has the fixes, right? I just wanna make sure if the actual valk was not replaced with the defective one coz the box is not sealed...

yeah, i saw the ad... i meant that the VF-0s w/ ghost has the fixes, right? I just wanna make sure if the actual valk was not replaced with the defective one coz the box is not sealed...

Correct, VF-OS with Ghost has all the fixes. If you can inspect the box before buying, you can check if it is factory fresh. The VF-OS blister has a SINGLE layer of tape on it, on all 4 sides.

All Valkyries produced at and after the VF-OS 1.0 has this. If you have 2 - 3 layers of tape on the blister, then beware of possible rework by the factory or swappage.

All of my 4 VF-0S ghosts and 2 VF-0A with ghosts has a single layer of tape.

Correct, VF-OS with Ghost has all the fixes. If you can inspect the box before buying, you can check if it is factory fresh. The VF-OS blister has a SINGLE layer of tape on it, on all 4 sides.

All Valkyries produced at and after the VF-OS 1.0 has this. If you have 2 - 3 layers of tape on the blister, then beware of possible rework by the factory or swappage.

All of my 4 VF-0S ghosts and 2 VF-0A with ghosts has a single layer of tape.

thanks! i'll look for that...

Correction. I just checked my Ghost combos because there were 2 blisters - ghost in blister sits on top of the VF-0.

There is a single layer of tape on the VF-0 itself, and on top where the ghost blister sits, a 2nd layer of tape runs down over the ghost blister and over the original VF-0 tape, so the 2 tapes are in a straight line. Again, onn all 4 sides. Single line or as close as possible to this.

The VF-0S and VF-0A with no ghosts only has a single layer of tape on all 4 sides.

Edited by Neova

Summer time is race season for me. I am at the track almost every weekend. When I am home I am sleeping :)

I have been trolling every few days but I have not had much to post about or the time. Macross is a winter time thing for me.