Macross Frontier Live stream Discussion

wolfx

For the benefit of those who want to watch Macross Frontier every Friday at 25:25 Japan time (GMT +9:00)

You can download Keyhole TV with the link below. Its a simple and free program that allows you to stream Japanese TV real time on your computer. Picture quality is pretty poor and so is the sound, so not sure how many of you would bother.

http://www.v2p.jp/video/Viewer/

Another software is TVUNetworks Player which has better quality and audio. Unfortunately they only have TBS channel which plays Macross Frontier, 1 day after MBS

If any member has a better software/portal/website that streams the MBS channel that Frontier will be airing on, do share here.

Download version 3.06 and find the channel that Macross is on which can be a little tricky since its in Japanese. But with Japanese speakers on the board shouldn't be an issue. :lol:

For real-time discussion and help to get on the correct TV channel, join IRC channel:

#macrossworld@irc.rizon.net

If you don't know how to use IRC, refer to this site:

http://www.overclockersclub.com/guides/ircguide/

Rules:

1.) All real time discussions should take place only on IRC, not on this thread or the pinned episode thread (which should be closed) to reduce clutter of the forum.

2.) For help to setup the viewer and get to the right channel, login to IRC at least 25 minutes before airtime. During screening i doubt people are going to take their eyes off the screen to help you but if there are nice guys out there, they are free to do so.

3.) Be nice on IRC. ;)

4.) Do not break the rules and spoil in the pinned episode threads.

Edited by wolfx

i watch the time on mbs website, but i dun understand the time. 0000hrs to 2359hrs military time is all i know.

what is 25:25 hrs?

is MBS a satellite tv? so, it will be harder to stream to computer.

patience is a virtue.

25:25 hrs means 01.25am on the next day. :)

thanks, but which country other than japan uses it?

also why the anime need to be shown so late?

do they repeat it in the morning . the next day?

how does japanese kid watch it ? so late.

Other than japan, I have never seen any country use such time format.

Not too sure about these two questions... Maybe someone more knowledgeable can help you. :)

Simple: They don't. :p I really don't think Macross Frontier is suitable for small kids...

Only Japan i think. There are some repeats on other channels on different times.

And its not for kids i guess. :lol:

Anyway, the channel is up, #macrossworld@irc.rizon.net. I will grant OP access to any existing MWforum Mods if they request it. Just PM me your registered IRC Rizon nick.

I only expect it to be used during the live broadcasts but if people wanna go in there, mingle, and whine about yamatos, discuss frontier animation, and debate what are the glowing protrusions, feel free to do so. ;)

Because there's no other time for it among the more higher rated programming (dramas, news magazines, family-oriented programming). It's either in the morning or late night. The system is the same as most other countries. You want your best programming on to attract the most viewers.

Keyhole TV is based on who is running the feed, which depends on the broadcaster. Anime is usually aired and then repeated on other stations (hence why we use terminology like "MBS broadcast" and "TBS broadcast"). Not everyone in Japan watches shows at the exact same time on the exact same day (like people in remote areas). Normally, re-broadcasts are done within a few days of the original broadcast. MF airs on MBS and CNBC first, then TBS, TBC and SBS the following day and then other areas throughout the weekend.

So, no one here knows which one on the program is the channel that airs Macross Frontier? Because I being a non Japanese speaking person would like to know.

So, no one here knows which one on the program is the channel that airs Macross Frontier? Because I being a non Japanese speaking person would like to know.

I did it by chance last week by randomly clicking channels till i got it right. Will see if I can find an easier way of identifying the channel.

I did it by chance last week by randomly clicking channels till i got it right. Will see if I can find an easier way of identifying the channel.

I would imagine if you found it you would have remembered which one it was :lol: .

http://www.tbs.co.jp/tv/daily/20080523.html

look at below 25:55

that was late showing for a cartoon, me say.

that was easy to find. cause it is only program with an F, i dun really need to search high and low . even i dun know a single word of japanese.

i also know that raw is out on friday night in GMT. So, it must be out between thursday and friday.

On the fansubs. you see on the corner, what station is it.

easy peasy.

i dun understand wolfx. are you going to stream it ?

it is friday 19:30 hours in CET time, that is prime time.

so, i can install the program tonight and watch live frontier tommorrow at 19:30 hours.

i never use the program, do i need some passwords or codes??

Edited by ma2ha3

question? can I watch the Takarazuka Sky Stage channel with this program?

If you know which station it is on and if there is a feed being put out, yes, yes you can.

ANyone know the channel name of MBS on keyholeTV? I can nly see MBS radio :huh:

Apparently its the one between TBS Radio and Swiss TV.

But 4chan says its another one which i think they are just trying to be funny.

Anyway 4chan forum...somewhat realtime discussion for ep 8.

http://zip.4chan.org/m/res/1585399.html

Edited by wolfx

It is it's own cable station http://www.skystage.net/ but apparantly there is no stream for it... sigh, not surprising but disappointing.

Most of the TV stations I've seen listed on KeyHole and TVU are general broadcast stations so it's not surprising that you won't see a cable network.

thanks i finally got to try it out

this is good stuff

i did not know it even existed

poo

i was late because i run mac

if only the software is available on mac

i have to run vmware to run xp in mac to run the software to see it

good stuff , cheers.

Ok, who will watch epi.10 live tonight (either by TV or keyholeTV)? Apparently I got some extra job to do at my lab and are forced to spend the night here tonight so I'm gonna watch it from my battered laptop while working on my presentation :huh: .