Macross DYRL Extended Cover Art Contest

boinger

DYRL EXTENDED DVD COVER ART CONTEST!!

I would like to offer a free Macross: DYRL Extended DVD for the contest winner who can cobble together a really nice dvd cover and disc art for the Macross: DYRL extended movie.

If you're really ambitious, then you can make up a poster as well as cover art/disc art.

You can post your entry on this thread and then I'll set up a voting poll.

DVD DYRL extended cover art submission closes MAR. 3/08

I posted an explanation about my fan edit version under the Macross Fan Edits thread.

UPDATE:

Mar.2/08

I was hoping for at least one dvd cover submission and I guess that's mine. I guess I win! Default! Default! SDF MML is now being turned into a 700 mb avi for upload to iMacross4, so it will be available by Tuesday. Monday, I'll start putting the dvd menu together and extras and finish up for a bittorrent of the dual layer dvd by Friday. Then I can get on the Clash of the Bionoids.

See Macross Fan Editing thread for more details.

Another cover art / disc art contest will be held for Macross: The Clash of The Bionoids DVD when I can finish up the editing for that project.

Edited by boinger

Here's my entry for the cover art contest.

I used whatever macross pictures were at hand on iMacross4 with a pre made background image and some elements from other dvd covers found on www.fanedit.org It took me 6 solid hours, but this is my first serious attempt at a dvd cover. Maybe I don't need to be so serious, but I learned a lot.

Software used:

Paint.net

Nere Cover Designer

Good luck on any other entries!

I updated my dyrl extended cover art because I noticed a spelling mistake and then I added and moved around some more stuff. Here is also disc art and a dvd insert.

Oops. Now with "Dimension" ed titles. And I fixed the movie title in the video. I need to get some sleep and then tomorrow to work on subtitles to the prologue of dyrl extended. Almost done with dyrl extended and then on to dyrl english dub by next weekend.

UPDATE:

I fixed up the sdf dryl extended dvd cover art again.

Reposted on Macross Fan Edits thread.

Edited by boinger

Here's my entry for the cover art contest.

I used whatever macross pictures were at hand on iMacross4 with a pre made background image and some elements from other dvd covers found on www.fanedit.org It took me 6 solid hours, but this is my first serious attempt at a dvd cover. Maybe I don't need to be so serious, but I learned a lot.

Software used:

Paint.net

Nere Cover Designer

Good luck on any other entries!

I updated my dyrl extended cover art because I noticed a spelling mistake and then I added and moved around some more stuff. Here is also disc art and a dvd insert.

I realigned the front cover Macross title. Looks a little better.

Nice.

However the name is Super Dimension Fortress Macross.

Dimensional is a Robowreck name.

I did not know about that. :unsure:

Super Dimension refers to the ship's ability to space fold, not it's size. B))

HG and Macek either didn't know or assumed their audience wouldn't understand, so they changed the name for RT. <_<

Edited by Zinjo

Hmm, don't know if my version of the DVD case art will be ready by the 24th...

RL is tending to intrude on my time, but I have an interesting take on it though. Simple yet effective.

We'll see how much I get done by the end of day tomorrow...

Hello:

This is boinger, who is working on the dryl extended movie.

I thought 2 weeks would be enough time for some people to fix up a dvd cover, but it took me 3 solid days on my days off to get mine looking how it is right now.

I will extend the dvd cover contest for one more week because

1. FanWorks thread is not as popular as the toy, macross news, model or other news thread, so it's no wonder not a lot of people even know that I'm working on a dryl ext movie.

2. I finished version3 this morning and everything is audio and video synchronized and then I thought of how to improve on the movie a bit more. I'm going to post some details on the Macross Fan Edit thread. So, I think I could use another week to touch up some details.

The dryl extended dvd will be available in 2-3 weeks on iMacross 4 rapidshare and I'll also see if I can submit a bittorrent to mininova.org

New Contest dvd cover art submission closing date:

Mar. 3/08

Edited by boinger

• 2 weeks later...