Sharon Apple

polidread

so a couple of weeks ago, a pair old college buddies Rochelle and Israel drunkenly asked me if we could build a Sharon Apple computer for an upcoming event's cosplay.

Any crazy Macross fan who is also a cosplayer would definitely have Sharon Apple in his list of characters to recreate. and of course it had been in my plans for the longest time but i just didnt have the push or reason to finally make it real.

Even tho they're active members of local otaku circles, it's going to be their first cosplay so they were obviously very excited to portray anything from Macross Plus. Rochelle's idea to make a Sharon Apple computer was serendipitious and so we decided to push through.

Sharon's made out of foam rubber sheets, some yards of faux black leather, a wooden frame on some casters, and blinking toy lights.

oh, and we also had Israel portray Myung Fang Lone to accompany Sharon...she had her suit tailormade in just a week.

i merely used my old Max Jenius flightsuit to keep up with them...

dsc02708uy4.jpg

dsc02709so1.jpg

dsc02711ps4.jpg

dsc02714ug3.jpg

dsc02728lx2.jpg

more pix later!

and Thanks to Yellowlightman for sharing his Sharon Apple scans! couldnt have finished it without the artwork! T_T

HAHAHA! or Myung's a little too short?

no one can really please everybody here in Macrossworld XD

but that's why i love this place!

dsc02723hw2.jpg

dsc02738ew1.jpg

try and shoot down my Pilot suit too

(im sure as heck it has tons of flaws - starting with the guy wearing it) :p

dsc02733ns7.jpg

The pilot suit looks pretty good. The Hardest parts of the costume are the helmet, shoulders and wrists and you got them looking really great!

happened last Hero Convention, over at the newly inaugurated SMX Convention Center at the Mall of Asia

(the past few years, SM, that big conglomerate began construction of a really huge shopping mall/recreational park in reclaimed, rehabilitated land in Pasay City, Philippines - naming it the Mall of Asia).

Huge place!

Thanks for the comments!

Edited by polidread