Hasegawa 1/72 VF-0S

maxjr

Hi, everyone. I started this project way back in 2004, after working on it on and off for around three and a half years, my very first marcross model is finally done! :D I chose to paint it in a low-visibility scheme instead of the original one. I didn't do any weathering since I like models to be clean and neat.

f.jpg

b.jpg

rf.jpg

2s.jpg

f1.jpg

fintake.jpg

cpt3.jpg

cpt2.jpg

I replaced the original HUD part with a piece of thin clear plastic sheet. I also added a Wave h-eyes for the projector lens.

Cpt1.jpg

abrake.jpg

Edited by maxjr

Here are some WIP pics.

Photo-etched seat belts were added. The emergency ejection pull handles were made by a thin brass rod.

seat.jpg

The part in the green circle was Kotobukiya's option parts.

fcpit.jpg

I fill the gaps around the head with some styrene strips.

head1.jpg

head.jpg

The intake covers were extended with styrene strips.

frontcqk.jpg

The airbrake was thinned and holes were drilled.

ab.jpg

abin.jpg

The magnet method to attach the fast packs was learned from wm cheng's post.

magnet.jpg

I scatch built this part with 0.3mm styrene sheets to replace the original part (green circle).

sbpart.jpg

The insides of the burners were detailed with thin styrene strips.

lparts.jpg

The land gears and gear bays were also detailed using thin styrene strips.

frontjku.jpg

backjku.jpg

lgears.jpg

A lot of puttying and sanding needed before painting :( All the panel lines and rivets were deepened using hasegawa's modeling scriber.

topw.jpg

bottomw.jpg

Edited by maxjr

Awesome job on that! The small additions to the gear bays and doors makes a big improvement. I'll have to try that on my next built.

Very smooth paint job too. I look forward to seeing some more from you in the future. :)

Even though you didnt do any weathering (my favorite thing) I dont think you need it on this one as it looks great. The greys make it look like it might be dirty and weathered. The little touches are excellent and I would love to know more about the ones not covered by others here at MW.

Congratulations on a top model. That really is some good work there and I hope you don't mind but I am going to blatantly steal some of your ideas.

Cheers,

Berttt

Honestly, most of them aren't really my ideas, I "stole" them from the Apr 2004 issue of Hobby Japan. ;)

Looks great, wow, what cockpit detail! Do you happen to know which set provides that jet/handle thing in the green circle? Is it plastic or photo-etched parts?

Thanks!

The tiny little round thing is from a Kotobukiya option set called "vernier nozzle III", link

They are plastic and come in different sizes, the smallest one fits right with the macross kit.

The tiny little round thing is from a Kotobukiya option set called "vernier nozzle III", link

They are plastic and come in different sizes, the smallest one fits right with the macross kit.

It looks like you also used these on the jet/handle located near the wing root ? (I guess these things are actually called vernier thrusters? I always thought they were some kind of handle! :D )

I wonder if they are the right size to use on a Hasegawa VF-1. Has anyone tried this? I have the photo-etched parts set, but those nozzle parts are still flat. Did you fabricate the "handle" to go over the top of the Kotobukiya nozzle from styrene strip?

It looks like you also used these on the jet/handle located near the wing root ? (I guess these things are actually called vernier thrusters? I always thought they were some kind of handle! :D )

I wonder if they are the right size to use on a Hasegawa VF-1. Has anyone tried this? I have the photo-etched parts set, but those nozzle parts are still flat. Did you fabricate the "handle" to go over the top of the Kotobukiya nozzle from styrene strip?

I got some of these for my 1/55 valks and I have all the smaller ones for spares so my VF0 WILL have them implanted.

I used a total of 4 nozzles on this kit. No fabrication was needed for the handle, I just glued a piece of styrene strip in the middle of the nozzle. I think they will fit the vf-1 as well but not 100% sure since I haven't bought any other macross models beside the one I just finished.