My VERY FIRST Panel Lining Job

misterryno

Well I wanted to "spice up" my 1/48 CF and the FP's a bit so I went ahead and did my very first panel lining job. I don't think that it turned out too bad. I could not find a Copic Pen at my hobby store only Copic Markers. So I purchased a Pigma Micron Pen instead. I was looking for a 0.02mm but only found a 0.30mm as the smallest. Now that I think about it I wasn't paying much attention when I bought this pen, I should have bought a 0.03mm not a 0.30mm......well sh**.....it turned out pretty nice anyways. I am happy with my work. Let me know what you think.

:ph34r:

CFPL1.jpg

CFPL2.jpg

CFPL3.jpg

CFPL4.jpg

CFPL5.jpg

CFPL6.jpg

CFPL7.jpg

CFPL8.jpg

CFPL9.jpg

CFPL10.jpg

Great work misterryno, i love that last pic... kinda like the Elias from Platoon pose..

Inspired me to get off my ass and do some more myself.

Yes.....a great and powerful pose that is. I am glad that you are now inspired. I live to help people (not really, but it sounds nice :p )

I keep looking back to "ghostryder"s blue roses valk in the panel lining topic and I really like the pencil and I almost wish I would have used pencil for my first job. But, I think the thick black lines give a real cartoony feeling, you know.

Just a bit of constructive cristism, using black overwhelms the figure and diminishes and warps the scale. Next time, try using grey or an ocre color, leaned more towards a terra color.

If you wanted to try and tone down the panel lines use 00 steel wool and scrub your valk to remove and recess the balck a bit more. It would give it a better wash-like effect.

;)

Just a bit of constructive cristism, using black overwhelms the figure and diminishes and warps the scale. Next time, try using grey or an ocre color, leaned more towards a terra color.

If you wanted to try and tone down the panel lines use 00 steel wool and scrub your valk to remove and recess the balck a bit more. It would give it a better wash-like effect.

;)

THANKS NB4M.....That is what I was looking for.....a little help for a first timer......I appreciate your reply......do you like it anyways though???

Looks good, especially on the FAST packs. I agree with NB4M, a grey or brown color may have been better on the valk itself. The black is a little bit too stark. But, if you are happy with it, then that's what matters most! The black definitely gives it a more cartoon accurate look.

The lines look nice and clean. Did you have any goofs that you had to clean up? What did you use to clean any mistakes (if you made any)?

Warning, soon, you will want to customize everything!

I like it in a "cartoon" sense. It makes the Valk look like a living animation cell.

That being said, if reality is what you are shooting for never use black. You would have been better served to use a pencil and smear all excess aft to make streaks.

Nice work though, regardless. U could use an alcohol wipe and remove all of that stuff to start over again if you wanted I bet.

Looks good, especially on the FAST packs. I agree with NB4M, a grey or brown color may have been better on the valk itself. The black is a little bit too stark. But, if you are happy with it, then that's what matters most! The black definitely gives it a more cartoon accurate look.

The lines look nice and clean. Did you have any goofs that you had to clean up? What did you use to clean any mistakes (if you made any)?

Warning, soon, you will want to customize everything!

THANKS ^_^^_^^_^ I am REALLY happy with it. I really like the cartonny look more than the real look. I did have a goof here and there. I tried right away to either quick get it with the tip of my finger or use a q-tip. Both ways worked okay. But this pen says permanent and waterproof....so now that it is dry I think I may try some water on a cottenball to try to get the smudges. We'll see if that works. Otherwise there are minor misses of the lines and whatnot...not too bad at all.

I like it in a "cartoon" sense. It makes the Valk look like a living animation cell.

That being said, if reality is what you are shooting for never use black. You would have been better served to use a pencil and smear all excess aft to make streaks.

Nice work though, regardless. U could use an alcohol wipe and remove all of that stuff to start over again if you wanted I bet.

I really like the "cartoon" sense as well. I was'nt really going for the "real" look. THANKS ^_^^_^^_^