did your Shin 0A shoulders break?

Scream Man

37 members have voted

1. 1. For those that bought it, did the shoulders break?

• Yes
    • No

I think i've done 3 complete cycles of transformations, and nothing to report besides the all ok.

But i have held off doing any more cycles until we get the BLOODY CONFIRMATION that these shoulders are GOOD.

So she stays in F mode. And it looks best imo anyways so win win. But still.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

My Vf-0A Shin with booster is really nice.

It is such a beautiful sculpt and looks gorgeous in Battroid mode.

I have transformed it probably about 4 times now.

Overall it seems quite solid and tight with only two minor complaints.

One is that the feet are a bit loose but not loose enough so that he does not stand properly.

Second is that one of those two little flaps, that in Fighter mode goes from the head towards the nosecone, falls off every time I transform it and sometimes when just handling it.

Other than that it is soooo sweeeet!

post-4840-1188146875_thumb.jpg

post-4840-1188146894_thumb.jpg

I voted yes.

Mine had stress cracks after one transformation.

Here's the original Post with pics.

A little history before the rant.

I bought and resold a cannon fodder VF-0A, due to the weak shoulder issue.

I received my Shin combo from the great store Lost and Found Toys yesterday.

It has been transformed from aircraft to robot once.

First pic is the left arm. Second pic is the right arm.

No that white spot is not camera flash glare :angry:

both arms. stress marks.

I'm gonna keep it and just loosen the shoulders, apply some clear nail polish, but I am starting to rethink my Ivanoff pre-order

edited for ms paint app.

This a not a bad idea for a topic. I'm just concerned that a lot of respondents are owners that keep their VF-0 in fighter mode, avoiding transformation/posing outright due to previous experience with the infamous shoulder problem. I'm basically looking for a VF-0 that has comparable durability to the 1/48 VF-1 or 1/60 YF-19.

ohh only one other thing, my legs don't completely lock in fighter mode, they can if i wriggle it into place and press firmly

in certain areas, but that's a minor complaint. This problem only occurs with the gunpod housed.

Even my 1/48's have a problem with a gunpod not fitting properly which make the arms not flush with the divets(?) of the

legs/backpack in figher mode to aquire a full lock. Yamato really need to re-think gunpod attachments to make them work

100%. Like the VF-11, i hope they don't have any trouble. YF-21 yayyy.

the shoulder seem to be fine but one thing i want to ask is,

are you guys opening up the bicep section as well?

i only ask cause when i opened up the biceps on mine, it was far worse than the shoulders, the plastic surrounding it fell apart into 3 seperate pieces.

the shoulder seem to be fine but one thing i want to ask is,

are you guys opening up the bicep section as well?

i only ask cause when i opened up the biceps on mine, it was far worse than the shoulders, the plastic surrounding it fell apart into 3 seperate pieces.

That doesn't make me want to check!

That doesn't make me want to check!

you should definitely check. the rubber ring yamato uses to create friction can have a lot of excess flashing on it, causing stress. the bicep that popped on my cf 0a had this problem and one of the replacement arms I got also had the same problem.

i loosened the screws about 3 mil on the arms, and thats all i did.

19 to 2 isn't to bad a ratio guys....

not bad at all but of the 19 people, how many checked the bicep section for breakages?

i'm not trying to annoy you(or anyone else) with this but just because someone can't see it, or refuses to look, doesn't mean its not broken. for someone who doesn't want a lemon(i.e. mr. march), i would think he'd want all info, not just one flawed part that everyone already knows about.

i really wish i took some pics while i was repairing the bicep section so i could show you guys how bad it really was.

honestly, the shoulder breakage was nothing compared to the bicep breakage.

not bad at all but of the 19 people, how many checked the bicep section for breakages?

i'm not trying to annoy you(or anyone else) with this but just because someone can't see it, or refuses to look, doesn't mean its not broken. for someone who doesn't want a lemon(i.e. mr. march), i would think he'd want all info, not just one flawed part that everyone already knows about.

i really wish i took some pics while i was repairing the bicep section so i could show you guys how bad it really was.

yeah, the bicep plastic on my cf 0a was so brittle, it would litteraly fall apart as I was taking the area apart. If what yamato says is true, and there was some chemical reaction going on, the new biceps shouldn't have the problem. But at least check for the flashing.

yeah, the bicep plastic on my cf 0a was so brittle, it would litteraly fall apart as I was taking the area apart. If what yamato says is true, and there was some chemical reaction going on, the new biceps shouldn't have the problem. But at least check for the flashing.

if its some chemical reaction(i highly doubt it, you saw how tight and sloppy the assembly was in there) awesome!, but i think it was a combination of excess flash, misaligned parts, and crude/rushed assembly at the factory.

i want the VF-0S so bad but this shoulder/bicep thing is whats keeping me from taking the plunge....i really love the VF-0 design. i wish i could just get over this issue and deal. i mean, i wouldn't mind so much if it only had the possibility of breaking. at least that way i could buy one, open it up and fix everything that needs fixing.

well, I definitely think the extra flashing causing pressure is one of the culprits, but the way that plastic just fell apart, I dunno, I don't think the pressure alone could have done that, at least not make the entire area just fall apart like that.

However, at least with the biceps, if they do break, you can epoxy the broken pieces in place and then epoxy the bicep arm covering to the fix, and reinforce the area.

I guess only time will tell, if it is a chemical reaction, I wonder if we would even being seeing problems so soon after the shin combo was released, maybe in another few months we'll have a better idea if the failures were caused solely by due to the chemical reactions or if the poor designing is just as much to blame.

well all i can say is, i hope you're right. :)

i want nothing more than the 0S/ghost right now, probably more so than the SV-51. i know that sounds crazy but, while everyone been waiting for the SV-51, i've been waiting a year to pick up the 0S, i must have 0S!

I don't recall ever seeing a vf-0s with busted biceps, which kinda supports the chemical reaction theory since the 1st release of the 0s has loose bicep swivels because it doesn't have the rubber rings... but then again, it could be the pressure from the flashing of the rings on the cf-0a that caused those to fail.

Oh well, hopefully this survey will produce a clear trend in time for my asia trip :p

Late entry but make that 6. I can't find the pic I posted, it is gone from the post. But mine definitely have clear stress mark. So, will it explore? likely not, as I am too afraid to touch it anymore. I'll take some new pic soon.

Edited by Mowe

How'd you fix the bicep section? And do you mean the elbow section? I had a loose VF-0A I bought from that jerk agr33 that came with one arm busted at the elbow, and there were several broken pieces there. I didn't think it would be possible to fix it, so I just ordered replacement arms from HLJ.

How'd you fix the bicep section? And do you mean the elbow section? I had a loose VF-0A I bought from that jerk agr33 that came with one arm busted at the elbow, and there were several broken pieces there. I didn't think it would be possible to fix it, so I just ordered replacement arms from HLJ.

its too hard to explain without pics, i'll dismantle the arms tonight and take some pics of the breaks and repairs.

if you get your replacement arms before then, make sure to disassmeble them and clean it up before attaching them. i'll try to be as detailed as possible with pics and descriptions.

sorry for the dark/blurry pics, i forgot last night and had to rush it this morning.

post-206-1188659234_thumb.jpg

the red paint marks indicate the points that were broken upon opening it.

note on the far leftside, i had to glue that entire support piece down(light grey) because that part(darker plastic) was completely in pieces.

i krazy glued the broken pieces together best i could, let it dry, sanded it down, cleaned it, applied some more krazy glue, then sanded it down again.

also, when you put the 2 halves together, its not a clean fit. these also requried some sanding(i used 400 grit) to make the 2 parts seamless. same goes for the shoulders halves and the groves that connect the shoulders to the biceps.

i wish i had a pic of the original O ring in the bicep section to show you guys. the ones pictured have been trimmed down quite bit.

i really should've taken progress pics when i was doing the repairs but i hope this helps.

Edited by do not disturb

I don't recall ever seeing a vf-0s with busted biceps, which kinda supports the chemical reaction theory since the 1st release of the 0s has loose bicep swivels because it doesn't have the rubber rings... but then again, it could be the pressure from the flashing of the rings on the cf-0a that caused those to fail.

Oh well, hopefully this survey will produce a clear trend in time for my asia trip :p

Just for the record, my 0S broke.

Oh hell, screw it. I don't care if Yamato releases anymore color schemes for the VF-0. I'm out for that series of valkyrie. My 0A CF had both shoulders snap, and I figure it won't be long before the biceps develop into major cracks from the small cracks and stress-marks they already have. With a 25% rate of breakages in the supposedly fixed 0A Shin, screw this design. :angry:

I'm with Mr. March. Hello, YF-19! :)