1/25 SV-51 arrives

HWR MKII

The SV-51 i commissioned Luke to build is here! There wa a little shipping damage but it is all repaired now. The airframe has a light coat of primer on to even out surface tone. Next up will be a yellow undercoat in the proper places and then liquid mask and the coat of magenta.

post-2293-1186705447_thumb.jpg

post-2293-1186705459_thumb.jpg

post-2293-1186705471_thumb.jpg

post-2293-1186705484_thumb.jpg

post-2293-1186705499_thumb.jpg

post-2293-1186705525_thumb.jpg

post-2293-1186705536_thumb.jpg

Very nice, very nice. By the way, you can sand down any wrinkles in the tissue that really get to you. I'd used 300-400 grit. Maybe use a bit of white glue thinned with water, just to make sure the edges are tacked down.

~Luke

Now does anyone have a scan of the decal placement guide from the instructions? Theres no good references of the underside and it would help to figure out the overall placement of the masking fluid for the yellow stripes.

I am speechless.

I can't wait to see this bird fly.

Choosing the Nora color scheme instead of the Ivanov one will make this more striking in flight, I think.

I hope you are planning to take some video so that we can enjoy the glory of this creation in its "natural" environment.

You went from sanding it down, to having both main colors applied of pattern that complex, in a couple hours?!?!

Thats just the upper half. i still have to mask and paint the lower half tonight then paint in the details like the black panels. Fortunately the top and bottom paint patterns arent the same so it will aid in keeping orientation in flight.

More progress. Got the top coats applied and masks removed. looks awesome. Any areas not magenta or part of the splash pattern will be painted accordingly with details.

Nice!! A Nora version!! cant wait to see ya detailing this baby, all you are missing is a 1/25 VF-0A shin to react the dogfight :ph34r:B))

MechTech: Thanks! I'm sure Sean will post videos. They'll be great. :D

Rotorhead: It uses 40mm ducted fans. It's a heavily upgraded version of the one I built, and flies great on the fans. "We don't need no stink'n pusher props!" :p

~Luke

sweeeeeet! i've always loved seeing jet designs made into r/c's, but so many times they put on a push/pull prop which just kills the cool lines of the aircraft. granted, it's been a bit since i've checked into a lot of r/c stuff, but it seems ducted fans are far more popular now. for bonus points, can ya make it VTOL? B))

sweeeeeet! i've always loved seeing jet designs made into r/c's, but so many times they put on a push/pull prop which just kills the cool lines of the aircraft. granted, it's been a bit since i've checked into a lot of r/c stuff, but it seems ducted fans are far more popular now. for bonus points, can ya make it VTOL? B))

You know, a while back, Luke (IAD) was talking about the feasability of doing an RC gerwalk, iirc. :lol:

Yep, the SV is a 'viable' candidate for VTOL GERWALK, in theory. (Three 'lift points', the two legs, plus the lift fan.) Very expensive, and not 100% guaranteed to work (relatively slow fan response time could make stability hard to achieve) but, not altogether impossible, either.

Just impossible with 40 mm fans. Probably would need at least 90mm fans, which means an 81" long model. (BIG!)

~Luke

woah.. that is cool!

I wondering tho if the airframe is stable enough to actually fly, without instantly falling outta the sky?

and if the canards actually function?

and will actually serve as lifting devices, rather than cause extra drag than will make it harder to take off

woah.. that is cool!

I wondering tho if the airframe is stable enough to actually fly, without instantly falling outta the sky?

and if the canards actually function?

and will actually serve as lifting devices, rather than cause extra drag than will make it harder to take off

It was given a check flight before it was sent to me. All works as it should.

You wanna' see some badass jets?

Check this out:

http://www.faster.de/search/label/aircrafts

Crap.

They took it down. Too many hits... Grrr....

Try this:

http://www.skymasterjet.com/ Not the same but a jet any way.

Edited by Skull-1

• 4 months later...