1/55 Nose Blisters - How Do You Move 'em Down?

Skull-1

I've done it a bunch of times, i use and exacto knife with the very tip of it broken off and dulled a bit and "backknife" (use it backwards) to slowly take off the 4 parts (L and R, up and down). I try to retain as much of the blisters as possible by making the cut as close to the nose as possible. I then glue the respective parts together and reposition them with a bit of plumbers putty, i use aquamend avail at homedepot etc. I also use that to repair the nose, shape it in using red bondo putty, sanding from 220 to 400, primer and you should be go to go....

mike

Excellent.

How does the bondo react to temperature changes?

Would JB WELD work just as well in your estimation?

363062[/snapback]

I will try to take a pic for you guys soon, the red bondo putty is very stable i did this 2 or more years ago and it's still fine. I would not reccomend JB weld, i think it is too hard to sand compared to the Aquamend that i use, it would be much easier on you to use the plummers putty....

mike

Ok, here they are, sorry they are a bit blurry, this custom has the whole range of stuff that i used to do (and will again when i have the time :) ) for customs...

Nontransformable

Devins Decals

My resized missle packs, gunpod, colapsed head, and strike cannon. Resized from the 1/48 Club M Valk to fit the 1/55.

Customized nose, w/pilot

Movable wing flaps

custom landing gear with rear rubber tires

Custom backpack

And some other stuff that i am likely forgetting.....

Picture534.jpg

Picture536.jpg

Picture538.jpg

Picture539.jpg

Picture540.jpg

hi great work i though really quickly that it was a yamato, do you have any pictures of it in battroid mode?

chris

why non-transformable?

don't get me wrong as I plan on doing a few non-transforming 1/55 customs... primarily because I have a few 1/55's in such sorry shape only glue would keep them together :rolleyes:

why non-transformable?

don't get me wrong as I plan on doing a few non-transforming 1/55 customs... primarily because I have a few 1/55's in such sorry shape only glue would keep them together :rolleyes:

363973[/snapback]

Because with all of the other choices available i want to make the 1/55's look unique with the mods, like the fighter mode i am planning on eliminating the swing bars from the battroid mode, along with a few other mods to make it more poseable. I have a soft spot for the 1/55, and a pile of old jetfires :) , so when i get the time i just want them to be as cool as they can be....

why non-transformable?

363973[/snapback]

Because with all of the other choices available i want to make the 1/55's look unique with the mods, like the fighter mode i am planning on eliminating the swing bars from the battroid mode, along with a few other mods to make it more poseable. I have a soft spot for the 1/55, and a pile of old jetfires :) , so when i get the time i just want them to be as cool as they can be....

363976[/snapback]

I Think it goes without saying when you have the time to do these mods you should post pictures and a build diary here. It would be nice to see even if you intend to sell castings and other bits for a DIY kit for us to do the same.