New Macross CDs

Renato

Very short "heads-up" notice:

"Fukuyama Fire" was released last week. People who haven't heard the old Hummingbird versions of the tracks, there are lots of them here. For those who have, this may be overpriced, since it's just the old songs rehashed anyway. GNCA-7026, Geneon Entertainment, Y3150.

Also, I spotted a new CD called "Colezo! Macross Song Selection". It's essentially the same as the previous Macross Song Collections that we've been getting for years: i.e., the same Minmay songs, etc. But this time Heart & Soul is on it, and there is a song from Macross Zero tacked on, plus it's at a bargain price. VICL-41207, Victor Entertainment,Y2000.

Nice to see Macross is not dead yet, music-wise. ;)

"Fukuyama Fire" was released last week. People who haven't heard the old Hummingbird versions of the tracks, there are lots of them here. For those who have, this may be overpriced, since it's just the old songs rehashed anyway. GNCA-7026, Geneon Entertainment, Y3150.

Yeah I got the Fukuyama Fire CD. Two of my favorite M7 songs, Dynamite Explosion and Totsugeki Love Heart are pretty dull without Mylene backup.

Overall I thought this album was pretty dull. It kinda sounds like it was done like a bootleg and not in a professional studio.

"Fukuyama Fire" was released last week.  People who haven't heard the old Hummingbird versions of the tracks, there are lots of them here.  For those who have, this may be overpriced, since it's just the old songs rehashed anyway. GNCA-7026, Geneon Entertainment, Y3150.

Yeah I got the Fukuyama Fire CD. Two of my favorite M7 songs, Dynamite Explosion and Totsugeki Love Heart are pretty dull without Mylene backup.

Overall I thought this album was pretty dull. It kinda sounds like it was done like a bootleg and not in a professional studio.

Personally, I prefer these raw rock versions over the often "pop-like" arrangements of the originals. However, most of these songs are over ten years old and Fukuyama's voice sounds better on the originals, in particular on Submarine Street. He did a good job on the new version of Heart and Soul, though, and his guitar playing is badass as ever on all tracks.

I don't even remember Mylene having any backup vocals in the original Dynamite Explosion, and I always preferred Totsugeki without her, so I guess it's "diff'rent strokes..."

:)

Ooh, mini update!

Apparently, there's also gonna be a live DVD of the Nekki Basara tribute concert.

YOSHIKI FUKUYAMA

Fire Bomber 2005~A Tribute to Nekki Basara~

(TNDA-0002/Y5,800 tax in)

Pretty overpriced, though, IMO. Remember, again, that this is just gonna be the old Basara songs... <_<

I would recommend the previous DVD, entitled "Long Long Live", which contains mostly Fukuyama's own material. Unfortunately, it appears that one's sold out now. :(

Wonder what the big Basara revival deal is all about. I hope we get a "proper" Fukuyama album this year, since although last year's was pretty good, the previous year's was a bit disappointing and was mainly studio versions of previously unrecorded live tracks.

post-2-1117979314_thumb.jpg

Edited by Renato

We just need more Hummingbird albums :) That would solve everything

They broke up five years ago, man. :( It's all thanks to the a-holes at Victor. :angry:

Actually, the best Hummingbird albums were the first two, anyway.

Edited by Renato