Valk Block 5 Cockpit

whytwolf

Hey All,

One of the things I've been wanting for my Valk collection was one of the SFD:M Block 5 cockpits--all the Hasegawa's are DYRL Block 6 cockpits. So, as I can't seem to find a conversion kit for my Hasegawa's, I was thinking of doing a little scratchbuilding, and was wondering if any of you good folk had some Hi-Res images of the Block 5 cockpit (AlphaHX has posted some line art of the Block 5 on another thread, but not hi-res enough to draw plans from)

In addition, I was wondering if anyone else might be interested in this as a small resin mod kit. My casting skills arn't on par with the masters around here (Cap, Valk, Coby) but I'm passable. If there's enough interest, I'd be willing to make a limited run for MW folk for the price of shipping and materials.

Sean

Block 5= Tv series cockpit, Block 5= movie cockpit, right?

This will be interessing for who is going to built tv series VF-1 like the hikaru vf-1J.

Need tv series pilot too :D

Yeah Block 5 is TV, Block 6 is DYRL, according to http://www.anime.net/macross/mecha/united_...s/variable/vf1/ the differences are:

...central column controller, throttle, and two GERWALK arm controller sticks in Fighter/GERWALK mode cockpit of Block 5 or earlier machines. Each GERWALK and Battroid arm controller contains five tapets and one ball controller to control the fingers, palm and thumb. Side-stick controller and multi-position throttle lever/stick in Fighter/GERWALK mode cockpit of Block 6 or later machines. Both side-stick and throttle have six tapets to control the fingers and palm. Two rear (back) mirrors and vision plate in Fighter mode. Oxygen tank. Block 5 and earlier machines were upgraded to Block 6 specifications with improved cockpit and Mk-7 Custom ejection seat...

...HUD (displayed on transparent panels in block 5 or earlier machines, on canopy in Block 6 or later machines); hexagonal three-panel main screen in block 5 or earlier machines, octagonal one-panel main screen in Block 6 or later machines...

As for images, these are thanks to AlphaHX in another thread. Block 5:

post-5-1100758348.jpg

And Block 6:

post-5-1100812002.jpg

(Disregarding the cockpit on the left which is a Legioss from Mospeada)

Again i need high-res scans of these to make mods to the current Has parts. And as I've got the Valk Weapons set I can even do a SDF:M pilot too (which was a plan of mine anyway) and throw that into the mod set.

Anyone interested?

Anyone got hi-res images?

Am I sounding like a broken record? :D

Sean

valkyrie_leg.jpg

Ehi, this is official or robotech fictional stuff? never seen before :huh:

Strange that in a robotech page they call the vf-1 "valkyrie" and list DYRL stuff, that

"VT-1 super ostrich elint valkyrie" stuff is a joke right? :rolleyes:

"Robotech ® is the property of Harmony Gold. and they can keep it!" XD Weren't the macross artworks copyright of big west however?

What's the difference?

Looking at both references the systems work the same.

Eventhough RT doe have it's stranger than fiction (far beyond sci-fi) references, there still might be some truth to it.

Just a thought,

NB4M

I never seen the VF-1 leg system for battroid mode, so i just wanted to know if it was the real one or an unofficial one. ;)

Sorry whytwolf for knocking things a bit off topic. I'll try to bring it back. Here ya go.

Do you have a higher resolution version of that scan? It's hard to make out the text. I love the DYRL-style controls and am interested in knowing more about what each part of the control is supposed to do.

And what exactly is a "tapet"?

Edited by tetsujin

Sorry whytwolf for knocking things a bit off topic. I'll try to bring it back. Here ya go.

Do you have a higher resolution version of that scan? It's hard to make out the text. I love the DYRL-style controls and am interested in knowing more about what each part of the control is supposed to do.

And what exactly is a "tapet"?

no, but i can make it bigger and clean it up a bit. :D