Macross Frontier Girls...

miriya

THIS IS NOW THE SO FAR POLL. A FINAL POLL WILL BE PUT UP AT THE END OF THE SEASON.  

133 members have voted

1. 1. This Frontier Girl is my favorite so far....

• Ranka Lee
    • Sheryl Nome
    • Nanase Matsuura
    • Kanaria Berstein
    • Klan Klan
    • Nene Rora
    • Raramia Rerenia
    • Monica Lange
    • Mina Roshan
    • Ram Hoa
    • Cathy Glass
    • Grace O'Connor
    • All of the above one at a time until I find the one I like
    • All the Zentraedi Babes at once!
    • None of the above.
    • Dude these are cartoon characters. You guys are sick!
    • Not sure yet.

Good thread idea. I am actually liking all of them at the moment and would be happy to have any of them as a GF! I know I am hard up! I like Ranka but she is too young and immature but still has a pure uncorrupted side that is attractive. Sheryl is fun and spontaneous but dating a rock star is only going to end in trouble. Klan Klien seems very mellow grounded and strong as a meltrandi and when she is micronized she is a firecracker and I kind of like that totally imbalanced quirkiness. I can not place a vote yet on this topic but so far I am liking the ladies!

and yes, someone post some pics please. lots of them.

Edited by miriya

Naturally Misa Hayese is my one true love.

But if I had to choce someone from Macross Frontier, it would be a simple choice: Ranka all the way.

No other girl even comes close.

She's cute, she's not at all annoying like Minmey. I don't mind immaturity resulting from youth - it often results in sponteneity, rash joy, liveliness - it's a great thing. It stops being great when it results in mindlessness, in aloofness, in arrogance, in stupidity - in short - when it results in Lyn Minmey.

Ranka does not have any of the terrible characteristics of Minmey - and insomuch as I could forgive Minmey because she was young - I am happy that I needn't "forgive" Ranka anything.

She is very loyal to Alto and to her friends. She has great empathy for others. She loves her big brother and worries about him. She is humble - almost to the point of being timid and shy.

She has all of the qualities that Misa Hayese had, but was compelled to cover up by her military rearing and the general war sitation.

In addition - she is a "normal girl." Professioanlized women are the worse kind - and please note I say "profesionalized" and not "women who work." What I mean by "profesionalized women" are women who seem to have basically made feminism mean: "Being as terrible as we used to paint men."

There was once a stereotype of terrible men, who only worked and didn't make quality time for their families, didn't really love their wives, didn't understand their children - were generally dry and boring and "realistic" to the point of becoming the equivalent of a Borg.

Women, in their pursuit of "equality," have very often unwittingly become like the men they used to criticize - and the criticism still stands. But women started wearing it as a badge. "Look! I'm capable of being equally evil as any man!"

Ranka is free of this terrible disease. She works, she works hard, but she's still just a girl - and seems destined to remain one.

I can't imagine a better girlfriend than her.

VFTF1

This is to help facilitate MisaForever's original poll idea. Hope it works! Cast your Votes.

EDIT: Also if anyone has the resources it would be awesome to post pics and names for each character on the list for those of us who are still getting familiar with the show.

Edited by miriya

Currently Ranka is my favorite girl, but I decided to wait untill the series hit half season before I can vote ^_^ .

Wait.....Alto hime is not on the voting list? :lol:

Yeah, I almost want to wait until the season is over before I vote.

With SDFM it was obvious that Misa was the one until Milia showed up and Laplamiz too.

Still for me it was a close tie between Misa and Milia and I am still not positive. I painted them both in oil and have them hanging in my living room.

EDIT:

Original-Miriya-B.jpg

Original-Misa-B.jpg

EDIT AGAIN:

I painted those in 2000 but I think that I could do a much better job at it now.

Edited by miriya

I am a Sheryl fanboy ever since deculture version, so no reason for me to not vote the Galaxy Fairy. I'd like vote Klan Klan if I can cast two votes. I just think blue would suit Sheryl very well (doesn't matter which blue).

By the way, is that possible to do a VOTE CHANGE function? I'm sure there would be ppl have done voting want to change to Sheryl after ep6.

Edited by herbert

Surprising that Sheryl is winning - but then again maybe not - she has all of the general attributes that would make her popular :)

As for Ranka being 15... well - I think that's legal where I live; and if not - I'm sure it's only 1 year below legal - so we could hang out at Chinese Restaurants and watch movies for a year before getting any more serious :)

VFTF1

Surprising that Sheryl is winning - but then again maybe not - she has all of the general attributes that would make her popular :)

I'm just surprised people are already deciding based on 5 episodes....

I'm just surprised people are already deciding based on 5 episodes....

Sheryl had me at:

Alto: Why do people sing or want to fly? Even to the extent of going into space?

Sheryl: Isn't it obvious? Like we could do anything else.

Alto: Is that right...I fly because I'm meant to.

She gets me. (or theoretically would if it were me instead of Alto)

I fly because I'm meant to. I could love a girl like that almost as much as I love flying.

Granted the package that comes with it is quite nice as well (which wouldn't eliminate any of said candidates,) and I'm a complete sucker for girls that can sing (which would narrow the field to two.) but the understanding of a drive and passion, philosophy of hard work and not leaving her destiny in anyone else's hands was what won out in the end. Ranka had my vote up to episode 4, then I had to rewatch 1-4 from a pro-Sheryl perspective to confirm my choice.

My only question is, what color is her hair supposed to be? Blonde, Strawberry Blonde, Blonde with pink highlights?

Also, I'm glad there was a choice for "all the Zentraedi Women." Not my pick, but I sure thought about it.

EDIT: Wow, based on all the talk in the feedback threads, I thought Ranka would've been the hands down winner.

Edited by Vinnie

EDIT: Wow, based on all the talk in the feedback threads, I thought Ranka would've been the hands down winner.

i think the timing had something to do with it. the poll came out after or around the same time as episode 5, which was a predominantly sheryl episode.

Edited by dreamweaver13

Maybe it's not meant to stay constant...overtechnology hair care products and all that...

I was thinking similar, actually.

It looks to me like it's blonde with an iridescent coating, giving it a purplish reflection when the light hits it right.

I went with Sheryl all the way. I guess I'm just too much of a sucker for the "tsundere" type of anime-girl. In a way, I think they're the luckiest characters because its inherent in their archetype to have a great deal of character development. The way these girls show their hidden positive qualities only to their most closest friends or loved one. :D

BTW, is there any way to change votes just in case things develop differently? I've tried looking really carefully but can't seem to find a way to change my vote just in case things develop differently in future episodes. Right now, we've all just watched a quarter of the whole series so there's still quite a lot to story yet to unfold.

Well my episode 5 download is 70% complete - so I'll be interested in the "Star Date" - but I doubt it'll change my view.

Sheryl has many admirable character traits - but none of them are attractive because very few of them are feminine.

Unlike someone like, say, Misa Hayese - or mayhaps even Miung - Sheryl is not "compelled" by circumstance to hold back her vulnerable side. She is very self-confident, go-get-'em and therefore would make a terrible female companion for me. My personality would just so totally clash with hers.

I'm passive, lazy, aloof, arrogant and not at all concerned with getting ahead in the conventional/what do the Joneses have that I don't sense? I take my time, I hate pomp, I hate being rushed, I hate people who think their somehow more special than others. I like to enjoy the little things, don't find much sense in getting worked up over nothing and am the type of person who would yawn loudly at a Sheryl Nome concert if I felt like it :)

In short - I'm a complete hick :p

Ranka is the kind of girl I could go on a walk with, sit by lake for hours talking to about everything an nothing, or run around the city going shopping and to the movies and cafes and then pigging out (which I love to do) at her chinese restaurant.

I highly doubt anything Sheryl says or does will change my view.

But we'll see where this all goes.

So far - every Macross series (except 7 and Plus which is reversed since the love triangle is girl/boy/man) has the girl I like winning out.

Misa beats Minmey.

Sara Nome "beats" Mao

So I'm hoping the trend will hold and Ranka and Alto will end up together...

Or...

If they don't - I hope it's because Alto turns out to be a dweeb and changes for the worse.

But Ranka should stay as she is - that is her development will hopefully just make her MORE of Ranka-san :)

VFTF1

Maybe we should consider this poll as a "so far" poll and then when the series is finished do another poll which is "yes, this is my final answer".

That's a good plan brother.

:ph34r: